The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Friday, July 1, 2011

Seven Reasons to Accept the No-Takeout Challenge

Cutting cost of food by cooking instead of eating takeout.

I have been thinking about buying less takeout.  It's been a big challenge.  I recently found out about the No-Takeout Challenge through Facebook.  I joined up with other participants.  Finding support is vital to accomplishing such a goal, and I hope to help others, as well.  

Here are some reasons why I have finally decided to take the plunge:

1. Save money.  I like to have money for emergencies.  I know they come up all the time.  Take, for example, the breaking down of a small appliance, like the toaster.  I'd like to be able to replace it, without worrying about what won't get paid.

2. Go on vacation.  I like going to the coast.  I like staying in a decent motel.  I like having enough money to get to the coast.  I like having money to buy food, while at the coast.

3. Pay down debt.  I would like us to pay off some of our small debts.  My hubby is still paying for the laptop I use.  I would like to have a few less bills to pay.  Getting one debt paid off at a time is a manageable goal.

4. Eat healthier.  With takeout food, we never know what is used.  What oils are used?  How much salt is added?  What is added into the taco meat?

5. Buy better food products.  With the savings, I can afford the grassfed cattle beef.  I can choose meat that has no antibiotics or hormones.  I can buy the raw milk and fresh eggs.  I can buy more fruits and vegetables, too.

6. Work on house projects.  Maybe we can finally finish some of the home improvement projects.  How about the trim for the walls?  How about painting some rooms?  How about making the utility room more homey? 

7. Gain more discipline.  I know that the savings from avoiding takeout will not be very large.  It can be substantial enough, though, to improve our health.  One friend said she and her family lost weight after avoiding takeout for three months.  More than anything, I wan to prove to ourselves that we can accomplish a goal.

I've accepted this no-takeout challenge beginning today, July 1st to December 31st.  It is not going to be easy, but I know it will be worth it.  I want the many benefits that can come from not eating out.  If you want to know more about the challenge, you can visit the SIX Month Money Challenge Facebook page.  If you would like to join, please like the page and join the yahoo group that accompanies it, as well.

Thanks for reading this entry.

How about you, my readers?  How often do you buy takeout?  Have you ever tried not buying takeout?  What's the longest you've gone without takeout?  I encourage you to see how you can cut out takeout.  I think it's worth a try.  The benefits are endless.
 
May God bless you all with His wisdom and peace.

This entry has been part of the Family Fun Fridays series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...