The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, July 25, 2011

Snacking is My Downfall

Snacking is bad for me.

Snacking is a downfall.


I had lost two pounds last week.  I gained one pound back.  I know why.  It's my snacking.  This is good and bad.

It's bad that I gained weight, of course.  No one wants to regain weight.  I didn't want to regain any weight.  I worked to take the weight off.  I am disappointed.

There is good news.  I have found out that the snacking makes me gain the weight back.  It feels great to learn what has been sabotaging me.  If I snack the right way, I will keep it off.  If I snack without discipline, I will gain weight.

A positive move happened this weekend. 

My hubby embraced buying more fresh fruit.  My youngest daughter loves strawberries.  My youngest son liked blueberries.  Hubby bought both this past Saturday.  We also bought raspberries and blackberries.

We also bought two large batches of spinach.  My teen daughter has wrapped chicken nuggets with spinach.  She's used either ketchup or ranch dressing as a spread.  I like eating spinach in a taco or in a salad.  My youngest son likes to chew them on its own.

I also like tomatoes.  Youngest daughter can eat them on their own, too.  I think she likes anything red but can't handle cherries.  Tomatoes are slowly coming in from our garden.  We bring them in green, and I ripen them inside.

My plan is to move the snacks out of my room.  Having them in my room allows me to snack too much.  I need to put them back in the pantry.  I need to put them in a high shelf.  The snacks need to be out of reach to my kids and ME.

Thanks for reading this entry. I appreciate it.


By posting this update, I am jotting down what's working for me.  I would also hope this information helps someone else.  Please pray for me, if you have a chance.  Weight loss is not the ultimate reason for changing food choices and exercising.  I want to feel, and be, healthier.


How about you, my readers?  Have you struggled to lose weight?  Have you struggled to eat right?  Are you snacking too much?  I encourage you to consider bite-size changes in your life, gradually accumulating the better habits in your life.  If you need to improve your health, search your heart and ask God to help you.

This is an entry for Medical Mondays.  For past entries, click here.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints that I discussed here are just my opinions.  Please consult your physician before altering anything relating to your health.  I am only suggesting here to take charge of your health.  Don't just leave your health in the hands of your doctors; become your own advocate.  You know best how your body is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...