The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Friday, July 8, 2011

No Takeout Challenge Update #1

Making a delicious-looking meal can help a no-takeout challenge.

We did well this week because we ate lots of leftover.  There is so much more to say about this challenge.  I hope to organize it as best as possible.  Here are a few things that I have discovered we need to do in this first week of going without takeout:

1. Define takeout.  To me takeout is ready-made food.  Hamburgers, tacos, and fried chicken fall into this category.  One night I told my hubby that I was craving donuts.  I almost sent him to buy donuts from Dunkin Donuts.  The next morning, I realized the donuts could be considered takeout.

2. Develop a plan.  I plan to discuss with hubby about what I think takeout really is.  I think takeout includes junk food from the convenience store.  I think it's a waste of money to buy candy, chips, and soda.  I think money could be spent much wiser.  Junk food is bad for our health, and gasoline is wasted on the trip.

3. Determine what to buy.  I have devised grocery lists on a regular basis.  That's been helpful to know what to buy at the grocery store.  I just need to rev it up a bit.  I need to devise a menu plan.  Mealtimes has always been a challenge because I don't have some, especially for breakfast and lunch, planned out.

4. Keep the resolve.  We can succeed in this.  I feel very optimistic.  I know that it will take some time to see the fruits of taking on this challenge.  Knowing that hubby and I are in this together is necessary and promising.  If I need to reach out to others, I know that there is also a group on Facebook, with an accompanying yahoo group.

I hope to share some more tips next week to keep up this challenge of going without takeout.  Stay tuned!

I've accepted this no-takeout challenge, which began Friday, July 1st to December 31st.  It is not easy, but I know it is worth it.  I want the many benefits that can come from not eating out.  If you want to know more about the challenge, you can visit the SIX Month Money Challenge Facebook page.  If you would like to join, please like the page and join the yahoo group that accompanies it, as well.

Thanks for reading this entry.  I appreciate any tips and prayers.  

How about you, my readers?  How often do you buy takeout?  Have you ever tried not buying takeout?  What's the longest you've gone without takeout?  I encourage you to see how you can cut out takeout.  I think it's worth a try.  The benefits are endless.
May God bless you all with His wisdom and peace.

This entry has been part of the Family Fun Fridays series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...