The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, July 3, 2011

How to Gain Wisdom

The Bible tells us God is willing to give us wisdom.


5 If you need wisdom -- if you want to know what God wants you to do -- ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking.  6 But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.   James 1:5-6 New Living Translation

Do you have a question?  Do you have a dilemma running through your mind?  What do you do about it?  Do you turn to your friends?  Or do you turn the internet for solutions to your problems?

The Bible, particularly in the book of James, lets us know that if we need a deeper understanding of anything, we can turn to God.  We can go to Him for anything, and that includes wisdom.  He is ready to tell us anything we want or need to know.  God will not be upset at us for asking for wisdom.

Isn't it awesome!  We can ask God for help in understanding how to proceed in any given situation.  That's why so many people turn to God before setting forth on a new venture.  I think that's a wonderful idea; however, we must believe that He will deliver.  The warning is clear: A doubtful mind is compared to the sea waves which are tossed to and fro by the wind.

Today, let's take the time to ask God for help in our decision-making.  He will not fail us.  Let's have the deep faith in Him to help us when we need knowledge before acting on limited information.  Only then, can we move forward in our everyday decisions.   Well, thanks for reading today's blog entry about asking God for wisdom.  I appreciate you taking the time to read it.

 How about you, my readers?  Have you turned to God for wisdom?  Have you asked Him with unwavering faith?  I hope you will turn to God for help with your problems.  Go to Him today and ask for His help to solve your problems.  I promise you that He will listen and tell you what He thinks is best for your situation.
 God bless you all, my dear friends, with His wisdom and peace.  In Jesus' name.  Amen!
This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...