The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Thursday, October 27, 2011

Free Social Studies Worksheets, Lesson Plans, and Printables for First Grade

First grade social studies book

A week ago, I wrote about how I'm using certain textbooks to teach first grade social studies.  My blog entry, Social Studies for First Grade, showed two books, one secular and one Christian-based.  Those are books that I've accumulated over the years.  This week, I want to share some websites which provide free worksheets, lesson plans, and/or printables pertaining to first grade history and social studies.

Here are some wonderful websites to help us teach social studies for first grade for free:

About.com explains what needs to be taught for first grade social studies.  Concepts like jobs and community helpers is mentioned.

Education.com

Internet4Classrooms

Family Education

TLS Books

LessonPlansPage

A to Z Teacher Stuff

Teacher Vision

Willoughby-eastlake

Test Designer (contains questions a first grader should be able to answer)

Well, thanks for viewing this quick entry about free worksheets, printables, and lesson plans for social studies for a first grade student.  I hope I've given an idea of what could be used in the home school.

How about you, my readers?  For those of you who home school, what are you using for social studies for first grade?  Are you satisfied with your curriculum choices?  With the internet, a teacher or parent can find free resources for first grade for history/social studies.  I encourage you to research.

I pray that God helps us all, whether we are homeschooling or are thinking of home schooling.  May God bless us all with His wisdom and peace, as we teach our children.

This has been an entry for Thorough Thursdays.  If you liked it, please consider sharing it with your friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...