The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, October 24, 2011

Update on My Health Goals for Fall 2011

Soda--the continuing saga

I wish I could crawl out of my skin.

About two weeks ago, I was suffering.  I was so frustrated with the pain.  Have you ever felt that way?  As the years go by, I am learning what triggers my skin condition.  It's really inflammation.

My head and body are interconnected.

There are certain stressors that I can't help.  It's tough when I want to reconnect with family and friends.  They don't understand that when they bring me stress, they make me sick.  I'm not only talking about mental stress.  I'm talking about the stress affecting my body. 

Stress causes inflammation.

Anyway, I have learned that I must detox continually.  Along the way, my body has been overstressed.  Junk food, which is something I turn to for comfort, does not help me at all.  It feels good at the moment, but in the end, I feel worse.  Has anyone else found this out for themselves?

Stress aside, here is an update to my health goals for fall:

1. Haven't been drinking enough water.  It's so much easier to reach for tasty drinks.  Orange juice is not even what we used to drink.  It doesn't taste the same.  It's too tart. 

2. I've been drinking soda just to stay awake.  I don't like this fast-paced world we live in.  To keep up with everyone, I need to drink caffeine.  I need to go back to not drinking soda.  My kidneys are feeling bruised already.

3. I've been taking a lot of supplements.  I have been taking Turmeric and Ginger for inflammation.  The Probiotic and Grape Seed Complex is for rebuilding my immunity.  I even bought garlic softgels to kill any skin infection I might have.  I'm taking some others, but these are the main ones.

4. I've been eating breakfast.  This sets the tone for the rest of my day.  Sometimes, hubby has made scrambled eggs.  Other times, I've eaten a bowl of Cheerios with a banana.  A warm oatmeal with cinnamon also works for me.

5. I am boosting my metabolism with supplements.  I'm taking a detoxing weight-control formula that I bought through Swanson.  It contains ingredients like: Burdock Root, Flaxseed Powder, and Milk Thistle Extract.  I've come down a few pounds already.

6. I haven't been able to exercise.  This is my toughest challenge.  I am in pain on a daily basis.  The only way I can think of to work around this is to take something for the pain.  I am convinced that if I lose weight through exercise, I can indeed feel healthier; the dilemma is what the pain medications can do to the body.

7. I've been eating more junk food.  Yikes!  I know I shouldn't.  This past weekend was tough; we were rushed.  I picked up what was available because I was exhausted.

8. Haven't been eating enough fruits and vegetables.  I need to rev this up.  Hubby has gotten on the bandwagon about this.  He's finally okay with spending more money on bananas, apples, and spinach.  Now, I need to eat them!

9. I've started to get dressed.  I put on my shoes, too.  When I get sick, I need to wear comfy clothes.  When I lose weight, my shrunken clothes will fit again.  Haha!

10. I still need to find new ways to move.  I had a dream last night that I was taking up Tai Chi.  It is slow enough.  Perhaps, I should start that way and move up to more rigorous activity.  The problem with me is that my clothes rub my skin raw.

11. I need to walk around more.  I need to put on the pedometer and walk around the dining room.  Yes, it would be wonderful to walk around the neighborhood.  Unfortunately, my city's way of addressing the stray dog situation is pitiful.

12. I've been sleeping more.  Somehow, my body reset itself.  I've been getting sleepy before midnight.  That's a great improvement.  The only thing is that I wake up after about four hours of sleep.

I have felt your prayers. 

During this month of October, I've had my ups and downs.  I do feel, though, that there is progress.  I am optimistic.  I know that God is helping me to find the information I need. Also, I am very grateful for your prayers, and I ask God to bless you all for taking the time to pray.


Well, thanks for reading about my update on the health goals for fall.  I hope this blog entry encourages someone to develop their own health goals.

How about you, my readers?  Do you have any new health goals for this fall season?  How do you handle setbacks to your health?  I encourage you to assess your current health.  It's a great opportunity to adjust your habits.  You might need to tweak your habits to improve your life.   

If you need to improve your health, in any form, please ask God to help you; he will, if you pray for His guidance.

This is an entry for Medical Mondays.  For past entries, click here.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints that I discussed here are just my opinions.  Please consult your physician before altering anything relating to your health.  I am only suggesting here to take charge of your health.  Don't just leave your health in the hands of your doctors; become your own advocate.  You know best how your body is doing.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got the right idea, anyway! :) I don't know how to help you with the clothing friction, but if you kick the caffeine it will make you feel a lot better once you get through the withdrawals. When I kicked caffeine it took me ten days to get through the headaches (OH the HEADACHES!) and then I was fine. I quit drinking everything but water for a period of time. It was wonderful. I'm back to drinking a few things (herbal tea, Root Beer but only when we have pizza which isn't often, occasional latte) but nothing on a regular basis. Drink water!! :) And my solution for stray dogs is pepper spray. I go running and I carry it with me just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn,

    Thanks for commenting. I appreciate it.

    I have been off soda before. I was feeling sick before I took up the soda again. Yes, I will stop drinking it. My problem is the sleepiness throughout the day.

    I don't live in a good area to walk around. We have no sidewalks and people drive fast. I am hoping to ask my hubby to take us walking at a park again.

    Rebecca G.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...