The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, October 16, 2011

God-Given Abilities to Christians

The Bible explains about the gifts from God to Christians.

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom ; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit ; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles ; to another prophecy ; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues ; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 
--1 Corinthians 12:4-11 King James Version

Two weeks ago, I began discussion on the beginning of chapter 12 of 1 Corinthians in The Holy Spirit's Blessings.  In it, I explained how Paul was dispelling some myths about the Holy Spirit.  He wanted to teach the people of Corinth that only the Spirit of God can help one to utter that Jesus is Lord.  This week, I want to present the idea of gifts, or abilities, that God has given to Christians.

God has seen to it that He gives abilities to each Christian.  The potential for each Christian to spread blessings to others is up to each person.  If we live to our potential, we stand the chance to bless others by what God gives to us.  It is not to be squandered or exploited.  These gifts are for the mutual benefit of the Christian family.

Here is a list of gifts that God gives:

1. The ability to give good advice
2. The gift of special knowledge
3. The ability of extra belief
4. The power to heal those who are ill
5. The ability to create miracles
6. The ability to prophesy
7. The ability to tell the difference between the Holy Spirit and other spirits
8. The ability to speak in other languages
9. The ability to interpret what is said in other languages


The Holy Spirit is the One who distributes the gifts of God.

God truly wants to reveal Himself to us.  We have to be willing to accept and use the abilities that God blesses us with.  His Holy Spirit makes it possible for us, who are Christians, to do any or some of the special gifts.  It is quite possible that a Christian could possess more than one of these abilities.  I think that's awesome.

Thanks for reading today's blog entry about the God-given abilities to mankind.  I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
 How about you, my readers?  Do you understand the Holy Spirit's place in your life?  Do you have any of the God-given abilities?  Do you truly know what it means to be blessed with the Holy Ghost's gifts?  I encourage you to read different versions of 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 to understand what the Bible says about the God-given abilities to Christians.    May the only true God of all gods bless us, my dear friends, with His wisdom and peace.  In Jesus' name.  Amen!  
This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...