The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Teaching How to Tell Time With Technology

Clock face with numbers
Digital Alarm Clock












Early this month, I wrote a blog entry about How to Tell Time.  In it, I explained how I've used manipulatives to teach my children how to tell time.  I also included websites where worksheets can be found to aid in teaching children how to tell time.  This week, I wanted to provide some websites where you can find technological aids to teach children how to tell time.

Here are some websites that provide technological aids to teach how to tell time:

Time for time website

Time for Friends website (Make sure to maximize screen for the game)

YouTube videos about time

Online clock manipulation

Souped Up Timers

Puzzle-type clock

Actual projects to make clocks

Clock product

Puzzle-type clock


A parent or a teacher can use an actual clock to teach about how to tell time; that in itself would be technological enough.  A digital clock can be used.  A clock with the twelve numbers and two hands can be used.  A project to put an actual clock together can help to teach about time, too.  Finally, a website with a virtual clock can be used, as well.

Well, thanks for viewing this quick blog entry about learning how to tell time with technology.

How about you, my readers?  Have you ever used online games to teach about time?  If so, did your children enjoy learning about clocks with the games?  Or did they like using actual clocks?  I think a virtual clock is a practical, economical method to learn about time.  I believe in finding technological tools to help in the home school; I hope you would consider using technology in your schools, too. 

I pray that God gives you all, my beloveds, His wisdom and peace.

This has been an entry for the Technology Tuesdays series.  Please visit my Technology Tuesdays webpage for a list of my previous entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...