The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Saturday, October 15, 2011

Submarine Sandwiches

Turkey Swiss submarine sandwich

A submarine sandwich, or sub, is a versatile food.  You can add or subtract any ingredients you like.  A sub, for short, is also referred to as a hoagie, Po' Boy or Dagwood sandwich.  I love eating these from SUBWAY, the restaurant.  Unfortunately, I can't always afford to go there so it's easier to buy the ingredients and make them at home.

Ingredients for a sub sandwich
Here are the simple ingredients for a submarine sandwich:

--Spinach or lettuce
--Tomatoes
--Submarine rolls (wheat)
--Turkey breast or other luncheon meat
--Swiss cheese or other kind
--Philadelphia cream cheese (optional)


Plain sub sandwich

I like mine with black olives and green bell peppers.

My kids like their sandwiches plain.  Some like mustard on it.  Some like it with spinach.  It doesn't matter what you want, every sub can be made according to your wants and needs.  I know SUBWAY even makes some with meatballs.  

There are some considerations: You can add any condiments.  You can freeze the rolls so they won't rot.  You can cut your finished submarine sandwich in half and eat the rest later.  The more choices for filling, the more fun it is to make your subs.  Finally, get your kids involved in making them; it's fun to watch them make their own subs.

Well, thanks for reading about how to make  
a simple submarine sandwich

I hope you enjoyed this blog entry as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Please consider sharing it with others.  
 
What about you, my readers? Do you like submarine sandwiches? What would you add to or subtract from your sub?  Subs are so versatile.  Try one, and you'll love their simplicity.

May God bless you with His peace and wisdom, my beloveds.

This has been an entry for Saturday Spreads. I hope you enjoyed it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...