The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wheat Turkey Pinwheels

Wheat turkey pinwheels

Pinwheels--that's a twist to an ordinary snack.  Well, maybe eating something with a wheat tortilla is not normal.  Yet, that's what I love experimenting with.  I already know that I love to eat a sandwich.  You know, the traditional, simple meat and bread combination.

Sometimes, I like to jazz up a snack.  Putting a new twist that I've never done is exciting.  I had seen pinwheels before, but I had never tried them before.  It takes buying the ingredients and then slapping them together to make something wonderful.  

I got the idea to make the pinwheels from ABC's The Chew.  I just want to make that clear.  That way y'all know I'm simply sharing what I'm learning from an awesome cooking show. 




Here are the ingredients for wheat turkey pinwheels:

--Swiss cheese or other cheese

--Oversized wheat tortillas

--Philadelphia cream cheese

--Turkey breast slices


Cream cheese on wheat tortillas

The first step is to spread Philadelphia cream cheese onto the ends of the tortilla.  The cream will act as the glue to hold the pinwheels together.


Swiss cheese and turkey slice on wheat tortilla

Next, add Swiss cheese or other desired cheese.  Place a slice of turkey breast on top.


Rolled wheat tortilla with ingredients inside

Roll the tortilla.  Press on the cream cheese to bind the tortilla to itself.  Then cut slices of the rolled tortilla.  Finally, turn the small pieces onto their sides.  Presto!

We've got pinwheels!

Pinwheels can vary.  Other ingredients like spinach and other creams can be used.  I'll be making some more in the future.  I look forward to making different kinds.  I love color so perhaps carrots might be lovely. 


Well, thanks for reading about how to make  
wheat turkey pinwheels

I hope you enjoyed this blog entry as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Please consider sharing it with others.  
 
What about you, my readers? Do you like to make unusual snacks? What would you add to or subtract from these pinwheels?  Pinwheels are lovely.  Try making some, and you'll love them, too.

May God bless you with His peace and wisdom, my beloveds.

This has been an entry for Saturday Spreads. I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...