The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Saturday, October 1, 2011

Reorganizing My Files

Files in the rolling cart

I don't know how often I have reorganized my immediate files.  There are times that they have been super-organized.  When the files are organized, papers are easier to find.  I often have to locate and put coupons away.  When the files are not accessible, I get frustrated.

How do I house my files?

I have used the rolling cart, pictured above.  I have used it on and off.  I have also used the stationary piece of furniture pictured below.  There are pros and cons to both.  

I like the moveable file box, but one wheel is broken.  That makes it hard to roll around.  I like that I can tuck it under a table.  Unfortunately, I had to remove my table because the room was looking less like a bedroom and more like an office.  That was a problem in that I couldn't relax in my bedroom.

I like the wooden file container because I can roll my chair up to it.  I can roll my laptop table next to the printer.  I also like that I can have the printer at the top and printer paper in the cubby underneath the printer.  Also, my teens can use the printer, without interrupting me.


Files in their new home

I moved the files into this legal size hanging folder wooden furniture.  I immediately remembered why I didn't like this system.  As I was putting smaller items in some of the folders, some of those items began falling from the sides.  My hubby made it useable after someone at work gave it to him for free.  I am grateful to have been blessed in such a way so I shouldn't complain.


Closeup of files

I had several issues with my files.  I needed to merge files from manila folders with the green hanging files.  I also needed to label each folder.  Another thing that bothered me was when the folders were zigzagging. 


Reorganized files
 
Above is the improvement.  I placed all the labels to the left.  I'm left-handed and enjoy having a neat look.  I would like to eventually print the labels, but I wanted a quick job of the labeling for now.  The only folder I left in the right side is the yellow tabbed one which has phone numbers and addresses of family and friends.
 
 
Well, thanks for reading this entry.   

If you enjoyed this entry, please press the "like" button below.  

I would appreciate that very much.

How about it, my readers?  Have you organized anything in your office lately?  Would you consider using plastic and/or cardboard boxes?  Right now is the perfect opportunity to do your fall cleaning.  I hope you will find time to change things up for the fall season. 

May God bless you all with His wisdom and peace.

This entry is part of the Family Fun Fridays series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...