The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Friday, October 21, 2011

Social Studies for First Grade

Secular first grade social studies
Christian-based first grade social studies


As with the other subjects, I have accumulated several resources for social studies.  For first grade, I have the two books above for my daughter to read.  They both cover the idea of families.  Kaelyn gets to find out about her place within her community.

Silver Burdett & Ginn Social Studies: Familes and Their Needs can be bought through Amazon.  This book covers issues relating to the school, neighborhoods, and our country.  My daughter will be reading about community workers like chefs and car mechanics.  Our basic needs of food, clothing and housing is also covered, too.

Heritage Studies for Christian Schools 1 is also available through Amazon.  I have an older version that was published in 1979.  This book covers the community of a child, through a Christian outlook.  That is the first half.  The second half goes into the early beginnings of America.

I want to help those of you who might be interested in buying the Heritage Studies set.  You can buy the textbook through Amazon.com.  Then, you can find the workbook at  Christianbook.com.  I won't be buying the workbook because the publisher's year of my copy is too old and won't be compatible with the edition (year of publication) of the workbook.

Perhaps next week, I will come up with some worksheets that can be used for first grade social studies.  Stay tuned!

Well, thanks for viewing this quick entry about what I'm using to teach social studies to my first grade student.  I hope I've given an idea of what could be used in the home school.

How about you, my readers?  For those of you who home school, what are you using for social studies for first grade?  Are you satisfied with your curriculum choices?  It's fun to find various books for first grade for history/social studies.  It gives our children a chance to learn from different sources.

I pray that God helps us all, whether we are homeschooling or are thinking of home schooling.  May God bless us all with His wisdom and peace, as you teach your children.

This has been an entry for Thorough Thursdays.  Hope you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...