The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Holy Spirit's Blessings

The Bible explains the blessings of the Holy Spirit.

1 And now, dear brothers and sisters, I will write about the special abilities the Holy Spirit gives to each of us, for I must correct your misunderstandings about them.  2 You know that when you were still pagans you were led astray and swept along in worshiping speechless idols.  3 So I want you to know how to discern what is truly from God: No one speaking by the Spirit of God can curse Jesus, and no one is able to say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.  --1 Corinthians 12: 1-3 New Living Translation  Paul, a man called of God to preach the gospel, wrote to the people of Corinth.  Paul took his job seriously.  In this twelfth chapter of his first letter to the Corinthians, he wanted to clarify certain misunderstandings.  He wanted to explain about gifts, or abilities, that God gave through His Spirit, the Holy Ghost.   Paul knew that he had to teach with patience.  He didn't mince words, though.  Paul wanted fervently for the Corinthians to know the truth of God.   Paul knew there were some who converted to Christianity had previously been idol worshippers.  There must have been confusion about some details pertaining to Christianity.  Let's allow the Holy Spirit to bless us with God's Spirit and His truth.   To live in our invisible, spiritual world, one needs to be able to tell the truth from God.  Paul explained that no one who is filled with the Holy Spirit can curse or speak ill of Jesus.  At the same time, if someone is filled with the Holy Ghost, that person is able to say that Jesus is Lord.  In other words, only those who are one with the Spirit of God, can truly call Jesus their king.  Can you call Jesus your king? You can if you are filled with the Holy Spirit.  Thanks for reading today's blog entry about the Holy Spirit's blessings.  I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
 How about you, my readers?  Do you understand who the Holy Spirit is?  Have you shared what the Word of God says about the Holy Spirit with others?  Do you truly know what it means to be blessed with the Holy Ghost?  I encourage you to read different versions of 1 Corinthians 12 to understand what God says about the Holy Spirit.    May the only true God of all gods bless us, my dear friends, with His wisdom and peace.  In Jesus' name.  Amen! This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...