The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, October 30, 2011

Art Fun With Blotting

I Love to Paint by Jennifer Lipsey

A few weeks ago, I blogged about my daughter using art to release some stress in Getting My Daughter Ready for NaNoWriMo.  In it, I explained how she used art to deal with her mother being sick.  We used that as an opportunity to create a story out of some of her pictures.  That inspired me to teach them about ink blots.  Using the above book, I asked them to throw down some dots on a page that was folded in half.


Ink blotting inspiration

I found the page (shown above) from the book; it shows easy directions and examples of blots.  I showed the pictures to the kids.  We only had a few colors of paint to work with as you will see below.  Of course, we've since bought more paint.  I did want to show what we came up with based on the limited paint we had.


Gabriel's snowman

Once there were dots of paint on one side of the page, Gabriel folded the page.  Then, he scrutinized the picture.  He decided that there was a snowman.  I think he's right.  What do you see, my friends?


Kaelyn's butterfly

Kaelyn's picture shows some definite parts to a butterfly.  I was still feeling sick when my kids did these blots so I didn't ask them to complete their pictures.  Ideally, the teacher would ask the child to outline the butterfly's wings and to add antennae.  I still think you can see the butterfly, though.  What do you think, my friends?


Iris' sheep

Iris' sheep was quite visible.  She added more dots to this picture, but you can still see the sheep in the middle.  

Her other creations were interesting.  Okay, well, maybe macabre would be a better description.  The other pictures were turning out to be bleeding hearts and rib cages.  I think it's her reading too many of those Japanese comics influencing her.  I wish I could show you the pictures, but she won't let me.


Two Hearts That Beat As One

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture from Rafael.  He's always asleep when I want to ask him for one of his pictures.  I do have one of mine.  The picture directly above I named Two Hearts That Beat As One.  I think I was influenced by my sister-in-law getting married.


Well, thanks for reading this entry about our art fun with blotting.
I hope to share some more lessons in the future.  Stay tuned!
If you enjoyed this entry, please share it with others.
I would appreciate that very much.


How about it, my readers?  Do you teach your children art?  If so, what do you use for inspiration and/or lessons?  I Love to Paint by Jennifer Lipsey is useful for teaching easy art lessons.

May God bless you all with His wisdom and peace.

This entry is part of the Family Fun Fridays series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...