The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, July 24, 2011

Jesus is Our High Priest

The Bible says Jesus was appointed our High Priest.


1 Now a high priest is a man chosen to represent other human beings in their dealings with God. He presents their gifts to God and offers their sacrifices for sins.  2 And because he is human, he is able to deal gently with the people, though they are ignorant and wayward. For he is subject to the same weaknesses they have.  3 That is why he has to offer sacrifices, both for their sins and for his own sins.  4 And no one can become a high priest simply because he wants such an honor. He has to be called by God for this work, just as Aaron was.  5 That is why Christ did not exalt himself to become High Priest. No, he was chosen by God, who said to him, "You are my Son. Today I have become your Father. "  6 And in another passage God said to him, "You are a priest forever in the line of Melchizedek."  7 While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could deliver him out of death. And God heard his prayers because of his reverence for God.  8 So even though Jesus was God's Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered.  9 In this way, God qualified him as a perfect High Priest, and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him.  10 And God designated him to be a High Priest in the line of Melchizedek.    --Hebrews 5: 1-10 New Living Translation


I feel very blessed to have Jesus in my life.  I have depended on Him when there were no friends around.  I have cried out to Him when there was no one to talk to.  I have never been disappointed by Him.  I trust only Him and no one else.
I love to read these Bible verses about Jesus being our High Priest.  I feel like I'm on top of the world.  To trust in Jesus and His father is the ultimate.  To know that God appointed Jesus as my High Priest is comforting.  To know that Jesus answered the call is awesome.
I know that it had to be a big deal for Jesus to walk on this earth as a human being.  Imagine being chosen to endure human emotions, temptations, and ridicule, even though you are the Son of God.   Imagine accepting the calling to be a high priest.  Jesus didn't just say yes to be honored by all humans.  He chose to serve, yes SERVE!
Because Jesus revered (highly respected) His father, Jesus was delivered of His pain and suffering.  Can you believe that Jesus cried out to His own father for help?  If Jesus could cry out to God, the Father, surely we can do the same.  Let's do that, in the name of Jesus, God's son.  
When we are hurting, let's cry out to God.  It doesn't matter what or how we say it.  It doesn't matter that we don't know what to ask for.  God understands our pain.  He wants to help us, just like He helped Jesus.
 Won't you, my beloved readers, turn to God now?  He's waiting for you to call on Him.


Thanks for reading today's blog entry about Jesus being our High Priest.  I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
 How about you, my readers?  Do you fully understand that Jesus is our High Priest?  Has anyone ever taken the time to explain it to you?  I encourage you to seek out individuals, like pastors and friends who know the Bible, to explain this concept of a high priest.  I think it's worth learning more about Jesus.  The knowledge can improve your outlook on life.
 God bless you all, my dear friends, with His wisdom and peace.  In Jesus' name.  Amen!
This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...