The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, July 17, 2011

Instructing Our Children About Life


   Wisdom from God does not come quickly.  Wisdom does not come automatically.  Wisdom is not soaked up.  Wisdom comes from time and experience.  Most importantly, wisdom comes from the wise people in our lives.  In the book of Proverbs in the Bible, a wise man talks with his son.  If you read in Proverbs 22:17, he says, "Pay attention and listen to the sayings of the wise; apply your heart to what I teach."    12 Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.   The wise man basically says the same thing in Proverbs 23:12 (above).  The wise man wants his son to perk up his ears and pay attention.  A wise man knows that he can't be everywhere with his son.  A wise man knows that his own days are numbered.  That's why he takes the time to talk to his son before he passes away.    15 My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad;  16 my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right.  17 Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD.  18 There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.  19 Listen, my son, and be wise, and keep your heart on the right path.   --Proverbs 23: 12, 15-19 NIV   Surely every parent is proud when their offspring do and say the right thing.  It shows the child has been brought up correctly.  A good child is a good reflection of their parents.  It is no different for the wise man in the book of Proverbs.  We all want our hope to be justified that our children will live a good life beyond the one we see.  To have our children follow the righteous path with their whole heart is our deepest desire.  Beyond that, the wise man wants his son to have a burning desire to always respect God.  That is what I desire for all my children, not just the boys.  Our children should apply themselves to listening and applying the Word of God for their lives.  That means they will know what to do when trouble comes knocking.   Trials and tribulations of all sorts will come at our children, whether we are around or not.  We, as parents, should make sure to equip them with the Word of God.  For example, the words of wisdom (grounded with the Bible) of my mother still carry on in my heart.  When I am troubled, I think about what my mother would say to me.  Then, I try to apply what I've learned from her.  Her words of wisdom, and those of the Bible, have carried me on through these ten years without her.    Well, thanks for reading today's blog entry about instructing our children with the knowledge of God.  I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
 How about you, my readers?  Have you sat down with your children lately and discussed with them about what you want them to know about life?  Have you instilled the desire in your children to read the book of Proverbs of the Bible?  I encourage you to expose your children to book of Proverbs.  That book gives lots of good advice to avoid the pitfalls of life.
 God bless you all, my dear friends, with His wisdom and peace.  In Jesus' name.  Amen!
This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...