The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Wednesday, July 6, 2011

How to Exude Greatness: My Contemplation of Verse 34 of the Tao Te Ching

 
Dr. Dyer's book is Change your Thoughts--Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao.
 
 Today, I am focusing on verse 34 of the Tao Te Ching, specifically this portion:


The sage imitates this conduct:
 
By not claiming greatness,
 
the sage achieves greatness.
 
 
I think it's appropriate that I'm blogging about the topic of greatness.  We just finished celebrating the fact that great people have been, and continue to be, our heroes.  To achieve greatness in our lifetime is awesome.  Unfortunately, some of us have not lived on to enjoy the fruits of our labors.  Many who are, or have been, considered heroes do not like to be referred to as heroes.

Humbleness comes from knowing that it takes much to achieve a goal.  The claim to fame is often made in honor of those who have, for example, become our national heroes.  We can immediately think of Ghandi and Martin Luther King, Jr.  They gained fame for standing by their virtue of peaceful demonstration against injustices.  They did not boast of their greatness; they exuded greatness.

Greatness flows from the Great One, God, the Father.  If we let the Tao (the Source or the Way) flow through us, God's greatness will flow through us.  If we try to control those around us, we limit the flow of God's love and provision in our lives.  Do we really want to limit our potential?  Let's get out of the way by remaining humble.

Here are some concrete ways to achieve real greatness, without hurting anyone:

1. Give to others in abundance;
2. Don't brag on yourself;
3. Foster the growth in others;
4. Don't take credit for accomplishments;
5. Don't judge others on any basis;
6. Seek out others who exhibit the above habits; and
7. Befriend those who exercise those habits.

Allow the flow of God in your life.
 
Thanks for reading today's post.  
I appreciate it.  
I hope this post blesses you, my dear readers.

I've got some questions for you: Are you living in greatness?  Or are you standing in the way of your potential greatness?  Do you understand that God wants to work through you?  I pray we all let God's greatness flow through us.

May God bless you, my beloveds, with His wisdom and peace, in Jesus' name.  Amen!

This has been an entry for Wisdom Wednesdays.

I am currently drawing inspiration from Dr. Wayne W. Dyer's book and the 81 verses of the Chinese wisdom book the Tao Te Ching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...