The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Saturday, July 16, 2011

Easy Peasy Pudding Pies

Banana cream pudding pie a la Ice Age


I am always on the lookout for easy recipes, even if I have to think them up.  I don't have lots of time on my hands.  I also don't have the patience for complex desserts and/or entrees.  That's why when I come up with something easy once, I come back to it again and again.  That's the case with my Easy Peasy Pudding Pies.

Years ago, I made a pudding pie that included vanilla wafers and banana slices.  This time, I made the one above using similar simple ingredients.  I knew what I wanted to make.  I wanted marching animals to grace my desert dessert.  Haha!  




The ingredients for Banana cream pudding pie a la Ice Age: 


--1 box of Jell-o Instant Pudding and Pie Filling Banana Cream flavor
-- a few chocolate flavored animal crackers
--1 Graham cracker pie crust


Things needed to prepare the instant pudding

The most complex duty of this pie is making the instant pudding.  All I needed was the measured out milk and a whisk.  I let the pudding set for the allotted time. 


Poured out pudding

Once the pudding was ready, I poured it onto the ready-to-use pie crust.  I shook the pie to even out the pudding level.


Pie ready for animal crackers

The desert floor was ready for the animals.  I strategically placed the animal crackers.  I enjoyed decorating the pie.  I refrigerated the pie so that the pudding would harden.  It was still difficult to serve the slices since the pudding spread quickly.  Read on to see what I did to harden the pudding.


Ingredients for chocolate pudding pie

The ingredients for Summer Sunflower Chocolate Pudding Pie:

--1 box of Jell-o Instant Pudding and Pie Filling Chocolate flavor
-- a few Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers
--1 Graham cracker pie crust


Chocolate pudding pie version

Once the chocolate pudding was ready, I poured it onto the pie crust.  Then, I placed the Nilla Wafers onto the pudding.  I finally placed this pie in the freezer for about thirty minutes.  Less pudding slipped out of the slices this time.


Summer Sunflower Chocolate Pudding Pie


I was a bit disappointed that the pudding still spread out when I served the slices of pie.  If anyone can offer any advice, I would appreciate it.  I will experiment until I get it right.  An alternative to buying the graham cracker pie crust is to use a large wide bowl and line it with vanilla wafers.  The top of the pie can be graced with any numbers of fruit or cookies.


Next week, I will explain how I made another version of the pie.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  Stay tuned!


Well, thanks for viewing the pictures and 
reading about these quick recipes for Easy Peasy Pudding Pies.
 
I hope you enjoyed this entry as much 
as I did in compiling it.
 
What about you, my readers? Have you ever made pudding pies of any kind? What would you add to these pies?  I'm curious.  I hope you will try making these simple desserts, if you haven't.  They are delicious.

My beloveds, may God bless you with His peace and wisdom.

This has been an entry for Saturday Spreads. I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...