The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, May 23, 2011

To Try A Lemon Juice Detox

Ingredients I'll use for my lemon detox.

 

Well, I have been doing a great job of staying away from soda so far.  I also wanted to stay away from chips, but I ate some corn chips Saturday during our mini-vacation at the coast.  I failed there, but I won't beat myself up for it.  I will keep staying away from them and the soda.  I have not restricted my husband from his Pepsi, but I cringe when I see how much he consumes.  

 

I'm concerned about my husband's consumption of soda.

 

I love my husband.  I had already showed him how much sugar is in one can of Pepsi.  He's used to drinking Pepsi while driving to keep him awake.  Perhaps I could make tea, and we could drink that in our trips.  That's something to think about.

 

Oh, I did not have a good start for the coast.  Before leaving San Antonio, I asked my hubby to buy us fast food from Sonic.  The popcorn chicken and tater tots were heavily laden with salt.  I drank a strawberry slushie.  That combination made me sick; I won't be eating that again.

 

Here I am thinking "out loud."  After last week's anger, I am thinking about what I can do for the health of my family.  I have the power to change what my family eats.  I can keep the unhealthy, processed food out of our pantry and the fast food out of our mouths.  I can put my foot down and say "No" to sugary cereals, too.

 

One thing that I still want to do is detox.  I found an article that discusses lemon juice to help detox.  Yesterday, I asked my husband to buy me some lemons so that I can try this idea.  You can read the article here:

How to Make Lemon Cayenne Pepper Detox Drink

 

I wonder how I will be affected by it.  Will I feel sick?  Will I have to run to the bathroom?  I have been afraid to try this for fear of theses situations.  I've been wanting to try this when I don't have to leave home.

I'll let you all know next week how I do 

with a lemon drink detox.

 
How about you, my readers?  What drinks are you buying?  What drinks are you buying during a vacation?  Are you trying to buy the right during a vacation?  Looking for the best foods is tough, but it is especially difficult while on a vacation.  I hope you pay attention to your body when it tells you that a certain food is not working for you.

This is an entry for Medical Mondays.  For past entries, click here.
 
Disclaimer: The viewpoints that I discussed here are just my opinions.  Please consult your physician before altering anything relating to your health.  I am only suggesting here to take charge of your health.  Don't just leave your health in the hands of your doctors; become your own advocate.  You know best how your body is doing.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...