The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Saturday, May 7, 2011

Blueberry Spinach Smoothie

Blueberry smoothie with spinach

For this latest attempt at a smoothie, I felt adventurous.  I wanted to add some very beneficial ingredients.  I've been dealing with inflammation so I knew I wanted to add ginger and turmeric, in powdered form.  I also added some sweet flavors, including Sweet Leaf Stevia and cinnamon.  I added my trustworthy blueberries and cranberries, which are rich in antioxidants.


Ingredients pictured here are for the blueberry spinach smoothie.

I decided to add spinach, ground flaxseed, coconut shavings, parsley, some strawberry & banana yogurt, water, and powdered grape seed complex.  ( I added a teaspoon of coconut oil, too, which is not pictured here.)  The result was a soupy concentration, but I still drank it.  I needed to eat drink something good for me.  I knew that I could now find the ingredients I desired since I had cleaned and organized my refrigerator and freezer.  I wanted to reward myself and be good to myself for all the hard work I had done in the weekdays.

Well, I hope you liked my new version of a blueberry smoothie.

Thanks for reading this short blog entry.  In the future, I hope to make another type of smoothie.  Stay tuned!

 
How about you, my readers?  Have you made a fruit smoothie lately?  Why or why not?  I encourage you to add unusual ingredients; you can always mask the bitter taste with cinnamon and stevia.

This has been an entry for Saturday Spreads.

2 comments:

  1. You got some great stuff in that smoothie! My favorite is pineapple/ banana with a few leaves of dinosaur kale for greens. If you add some crushed ice, the blender can run longer to get it smoother without heating it up. Great way to get greens in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel,

    Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

    At first when I tried to turn on the blender, it wouldn't start. I was about to panic but it worked.

    Yeah, i think the ice could work. This time I made a small amount of the smoothie, which was good enough for me.

    Rebecca G.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...