The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, May 2, 2011

Factors Affecting Health

I've been eating leftover spinach pasta salad with balsamic vinegar.

I have been hobbling along as best as I can.  The biggest factor afflicting me is my skin condition.  I won't go into too much detail about that condition, except to say that it is painful when I suffer a flareup.  That's why I really didn't exercise as I would have liked this past week.  I know what my body can and cannot do; I will not force my body to do what it can't.

Stress causes me inflammation.  
My skin gets inflamed.

One of my biggest concerns is taking on too many jobs, chores, and responsibilities.  It takes its toll on my body.  I think I had taken on too much the previous week.  Last week I was left with too much pain to move much.  I had to take Naproxen Sodium.  It worked to some extent, but I dislike depending on a painkiller.

I do know that I went down in weight last week.  Then it went up the next day.  It's frustrating when my weight fluctuates.  The only thing I can do is try to eat healthy.  That's why I have turned to eating healthy meals like the pasta salad that I made on Saturday.  

Also, because Lent ended, I started drinking soda again.  That has been a very bad decision for my health.  I feel like I'm a kid in a candy shop.  I look around and see that there is soda in the house.  What do I reach for?  

Yes. 
I go for the...soda!

It's frustrating that soda is in the house.  It is so readily available.  I am reaching for the water, though.  That's the good thing about me--I do drink water.  I think that's why I don't gain too much weight.

I am focusing on the fact that I am moving my body.

I do have one thing working for me.  I am continuing to organize and declutter my house.  That is helping me to remain active.  I am reaching, bending, and standing a lot.  I need that for my body.


Here's a teaser--what I hope to blog about on Friday.

I'm not gonna be hard on myself.  I am trying to be good to myself with what I can do.  I am being a good mother.  I am being the best wife that I can be.  I am trying to be a good friend to those around me.

If my body fails me, then that is the limit of what it can do.  I have to accept that fact.  I am not one to get disappointed.  I can't be like that.  I must remain positive or I will get depressed.

Well, I hope that you will pray for me as I limp along towards a healthier me.  I hope that I haven't come across as defeated.  I know that God is on my side and wants me to be the best me.  I love God, and I know that if He wants to heal me, He will.  I must trust in Him and accept His decision.

How about you, my readers?  Are you cleaning?  Are you decluttering?  Are you moving around?  I hope so.  Not every moment you make has to include exercise machines and scheduled exercise.  Just move your body in some way or another, even if it includes cleaning.

May God bless you all with His wisdom and peace.  

This is an entry for Medical Mondays.  For past entries, click here.
 

2 comments:

  1. sorry you are in painBecky,, praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel,

    Thanks.

    I actually did a lot today. I felt very productive. It's like someone prayed for me. ;)

    Rebecca G.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...