The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How to Live Right: My Contemplation of Verse 28 of the Tao Te Ching

Dr. Dyer's book is Change your Thoughts--Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao.


Today, I am focusing on verse 28 of the Tao Te Ching, specifically the following portions:


One who understands splendor
while holding to humility
acts in accord with the eternal power.
To be the fountain of the world is
to live the abundant life of virtue...

Truly, the best governor governs least.


God's creation is marvelous.  See the same type of flower with the same amount of petals.  Leaves have veins on them through which water comes from the stem of the plant.  A human baby eats nutrients from the mother via the umbilical cord.  

Ponder those facts for a moment.

How should we treat the earth and its inhabitants?  Should we throw litter out the window while riding in a car?  Should we smack our kids in the face when they disrespect us?  Should we dump motor oil down the kitchen sink?  The answer to all of these questions is a resounding, "No."

Let's think about the gray areas.  Should we homeschool?  Can we afford to go on vacation?  Should we buy a new car to replace the 20 year-old clunker?  The list goes on.


I think you get the picture: 
How do we live right?


Following are some strategies for living right:

1. Get out of the way.  According to some psychologists, we are often selfish.  We want to please ourselves.  We want to do things that benefit us.  The Chinese wisdom of the Tao Te Ching turns that around.  We need to humble ourselves and let God have control.

2. Tap into the Way of life.  Once we understand the need to put ourselves out of the equation, God can work in our lives.  We need to turn to the Word of God (the Bible) for instructions.  Only God can help us know our next moves in the chessboard called life.

3. Be a vessel through which God's love flows.  After knowing how to proceed through life, we allow God to work through us.  Maybe God compels us to visit the housebound.  Perhaps, we should provide grocery for a family that is struggling.  Doing these kind deeds shows people that God loves them.  You never know if your good acts are answers to prayers.

My readers,
how can God work through you?

I hope you will consider these nuggets on how to live the right life.  You could be a blessing to the earth and those around you.

How about it, my friends?  Are you living right?  Are you tapping into God's wisdom?  Are you a vessel through which God works?  I pray we all turn to God for instruction on how to live right.  The Bible is full of advice.  Turn to it now.

May God bless you, my beloveds, with His wisdom and peace, in Jesus' name.  Amen!

This has been an entry for Wisdom Wednesdays.

I am currently drawing inspiration from Dr. Wayne W. Dyer's book and the 81 verses of the Chinese wisdom book the Tao Te Ching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...