The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, May 8, 2011

Honoring My Mother

My mother and nephew with me when I graduated from the university.

Honor your father and mother so that you'll live a long time in the land that God, 
your God, is giving you. 

--Exodus 20:12 
 The Message

Here we go.  It's that time of the year to celebrate all mothers who have been a wonderful impact in our lives.  I don't have my mother to visit.  She's been gone almost 10 years.  I do, though, appreciate the many mothers that I know.

I am grateful that God gave me the mother I had in my life.  She was a blessing.  I think she was the only woman who could have been my mother.  She knew that I was always a sensitive person.  Now I know with my own teen daughter what it must have been like for my mother to have me for a daughter.

If it weren't for my mother, I would not be who I am.  I've considered my mother to have been the wind beneath my wings.  My mother was not one to have told me that she was proud of me, but one of her friends told me once that my mother would brag about me.  I would have liked for her to compliment me, but I think she took after her parents, who were not very expressive about their love for her.  Still, I cannot fault her for being that way.

What my mother did impart to me is her wisdom.  She wasn't perfect.  No one is.  I'm thankful that I have her words to live by.  You can find a list of some of her sayings by reading the following blog entry that I wrote a while back at another blog site:


Thanks for reading this entry.  I pray that I am honoring my mother today as I write about my mother and everyday as I bring up my own children.  How about you, my readers?  Are you honoring your mothers?  If so, how?  I encourage you to think of special ways to honor your mothers.  According to the Bible, your lives will be blessed.  I pray that God gives you all, my beloveds, His wisdom and peace. 

This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 

To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...