The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Duty of Every Man


The wise man knows we should keep the ten commandments.

  Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.  --Ecclesiastes 12:13 King James Version  Here is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is the duty of every person. --Ecclesiastes 12:13 The New Living Translation  The beginning of chapter 12 of Ecclesiastes tells of man aging.  It goes on to say, in verse 6, that while we are young, we should remember our Creator.  Studying about life can go on forever.  The wise man teaches the young all that he knows.  The truth of the matter, though, is that what we need to know is that the ten commandments are important for our lives.  In our lifetime, we can be in search of information.  We can seek out gurus for their wisdom.  We can turn to people for their wisdom.  We can try to pick up from the people we respect the knowledge of people and how to live life here on earth.  There are plenty of people willing to take you under their wings to mentor you.  I believe what it says in the Bible.  People will be known by their fruit.  What is the wise person creating in his/her lifetime?  fans?  rookie gurus?  or those who study to show themselves approved?    The truth of the matter is this:  Our job is to have a deep respect for God and follow the ten commandments.     This is simple to understand, isn't it?  How is one to know, though, that this is the job of all of us humans?  I think the answer lies in the great commission.  We must go out into the world and teach of this simple job.  Unfortunately, many of us fail to spread the good news, or the Gospel.  If you really know my heart, you will understand who I am.  I am just a woman who wants her kids to read this blog entry.  I want my children to know that they must love God and obey the ten commandments.  That is the reason why I am blogging.  This is my way of recording what I feel my kids need to know and live out.  I am very grateful to God for my children.  As I have aged, I realize the necessity to teach my children about God.  I feel, from my heart, that God wants us to love Him.  He wants us to learn and obey His rules, but it is not to restrict us.  Rather, I think it is to live more peaceably with each other.   My question to you, my readers is this: Are you teaching your children about the ten commandments?  Are you discussing about your Creator?  Are the older, wiser teaching the younger about God and His love for us?  I encourage you to assess what you are teaching your children about God.  Please consider whether you are teaching your children about our Creator and his ten commandments.  Let's take the time to teach our youth before it's too late.  I pray that God gives you all, my beloveds, His wisdom and peace. 

This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...