The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, May 29, 2011

Enjoying the Self-Discipline



  We must seek joy even when we face trials.  That is not to say that we won't feel sadness and/or other negative emotions.  We must definitely face life's challenges.  The question is: how are we to react to those challenges?  Following are some Bible verses dealing with rejoicing while maintaining self-control (self-discipline):   22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.  --Galatians 5:22-23 NIV  On JOY--  24 This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.   --Psalm 118:24 NIV  2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  --James 1:2-4 NIV 
22 A joyful heart is good medicine, But a broken spirit dries up the bones --Proverbs 17:22 NAS  6 Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.  
--Psalm 27:6 NIV   22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. 23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. --John 16:22-24 NIV  When we are weak, we can tap into the power of God:  9 Each time he said,  "My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness. " So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me. 10 Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.    --2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NLT  On SELF-CONTROL (SELF-DISCIPLINE)--   28 A person without self-control is like a house with its doors and windows knocked out.  --Proverbs 25:28 The Message  24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. --1 Corinthians 9:24-27 NIV  4 Lazy people want much but get little, but those who work hard will prosper and be satisfied. --Proverbs 13:4 NLT 7 An elder must live a blameless life because he is God's minister. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered; he must not be a heavy drinker, violent, or greedy for money. 8 He must enjoy having guests in his home and must love all that is good. He must live wisely and be fair. He must live a devout and disciplined life.  Titus 1:7-8 NLT   7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.  2 Timothy 1:7 NLT  Although this is a good list of Bible verses dealing with the concepts of JOY and SELF-DISCIPLINE, there are many other ones available.  This is me providing a portion of God's wisdom about these topics.  It's important to understand that emotions are natural.  It's what we do with those emotions that matters.  God welcomes us to ask Him for help when we can't discipline ourselves.    God is ready to help us control ourselves and rejoice during our trials.   How about it, my readers? Are you rejoicing in your trials?  What about self-control?  Are you controlling yourself through the challenges in your life?  I encourage you to reread these Bible verses.  You might gain an understanding of how to handle a particular situation in your life.  I pray that God gives you all, my beloveds, His wisdom and peace. 

This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...