The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, May 30, 2011

Healthy Vegetable Soup to Aid Weight Loss

Ingredients I used for my healthy soup.

Before you read the rest of this blog entry, please see the results of my attempt to use this soup.  You might rethink trying this soup.

I did not try the lemon detox drink.  Instead...

I read on Facebook that one of my fellow homeschooling friends would be using a 7 day diet called the Sacred Heart diet.  It had been recommended to her because she had been exercising and not losing weight.  Of course, I kept my eyes on this conversation and others to follow.  I wanted to see if she would take up the challenge.  I also wanted to see her progress.

I loved what I saw.  She lost weight!  I was sold.  I googled the Sacred Heart diet and found the following website:



I bought the ingredients for the large batch of soup.  It was a challenge finding all of the ingredients.  I chose to find low sodium for some of the products like the green beans and the beef broth.  I already knew to seek low sodium alternatives to pre-packaged products.  Years ago, I had been diagnosed with high blood pressure and learned I should stay away from salt or sodium.

Closeup of ingredients for Sacred Heart Diet

At Walmart, I bought the following ingredients for the recipe:

__2 packages of precut green onions
__1 package of 2 lbs. of precut baby carrots
__2 bell peppers
__2 cans of unsalted green beans
__2 cans of stewed tomatoes
__1 package of precut stalks of celery
__Lipton chicken noodles
__1 box of beef broth low sodium 
__I added about 4 cans of water, too

Closeup of the spices and flavorings I used for the soup


I already had the spices:

__Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper
__Parsley flakes
__Sea salt
__McCormick Hot Madras Curry Powder


I made the soup last night (Sunday), and it smelled wonderful. I knew right away that I had used a lot of the curry. It was thick in the air. Anyway, I couldn't keep myself away from the soup; I had to eat some right away. Well, actually, I ate two bowls last night.

Also, last night I searched for answers to questions about this diet; I found controversy behind it. Supposedly, this is a hoax type fad diet. On the internet the rumors that this diet is used at hospitals is disputed. I found this out after I had made the soup. I decided to go forward with this diet.

If I can't do this diet beyond three days, I will stop there. I hope to lose weight, but I like the healthy feeling more than anything. The soup does have healthy components. The fear with eating this diet long-term is the need for protein and carbohydrates. If I made this again, I would include a little bit of chicken and some potatoes.

Given that this diet is controversial, I will let you, my readers, determine whether you would like to try it. Like I said before, I had been eating too much junk food. That was starving my body of much needed nutrition.

I feel more energy right now,
and that means a lot to me.

This morning, I woke up more refreshed! This hasn't happened in a long time. I can't believe what I've been missing out on. I realize I've been starving my body of nutrients to help my productivity. I've been able to tackle many of my to-do items off today's checklist.

I've eaten three more bowls so far and one apple. I drank a black coffee and lots of water. I have also danced and used my 2 lb. weights, too. I finished a writing assignment and printed it out already. I also needed to do this blog. What else will I accomplish today?
How will I be affected by this diet?
I don't know.

At this point, I feel more energetic. Could it be the placebo affect? I wonder how I will feel later. Will I feel sick? Will I have to run to the bathroom? Only time will tell.

Well, next Monday, I hope to update on how I did on this 7 day Sacred Heart Diet. Please pray for me, my friends.


How about you, my readers?  What diets have you tried?  Would you consider trying this 7 day diet?  Would you still use a controversial diet such as the Sacred Heart Diet?  I encourage you all to do your research to figure out what is right for you.  You should also inform your doctors before trying such a diet.  At best you can detox and feel more energy.  At worst, you won't lose any weight.

 

To learn more about the diet I'm using, visit Sacred Heart Diet

This is an entry for Medical Mondays.  For past entries, click here.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints that I discussed here are just my opinions.  Please consult your physician before altering anything relating to your health.  I am only suggesting here to take charge of your health.  Don't just leave your health in the hands of your doctors; become your own advocate.  You know best how your body is doing.

2 comments:

  1. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.
    healthguidereviews.info

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...