The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Friday, May 20, 2011

Cleaning Challenge Update Third Week--Living Room & Bedroom

Homemakers Challenge - 31 Days to Clean

Update on the 31 Days to Clean Challenge: Days 11-15



You can't see the dust in my living room.

Day 11

For day 11, I had to accept grace because I cannot do everything that I need to do.  Grace allows one to pick up and keep going, even if some of the things do not get done.  There is always a chance to start over again the next day.  I won't be hard on myself because I am limited.

We had already dusted the walls and even the ceiling fans in the living room.  I haven't dusted all of the shelves.

Day 12


This was the scene underneath the television.

Top shelf is now neat.

Bottom shelf is now organized.

For day 12, I had to consider what area in my life I was overdoing it.  I have striven to be a good manager of my home.  I just wish I had enough time to homeschool the way I would like.  I would like to teach with unit studies to incorporate science, art, and writing.  My kids are wonderful at cleaning and teaching each other.

We had already worked on the electronics, organizing the Wii and the videos in the living room. I posted about it yesterday.

Day 13

For day 13, I had to consider which snacks and/or activities I could use to increase my energy level.  I like to nibble on almonds and walnuts, which suppress hunger.  I can't have too much caffeine because I get pains on my body.  I should take my magnesium more regularly; perhaps that can help me gain energy.

I need to ask my daughter to mop the small living area, perhaps we can get to it this weekend.

Day 14

To rev up my cleaning, it was suggested to jazz up my routine.  I like to turn on some good dance music to get me going.  I do more vigorous movement, which helps me get fit.  Music also helps me pass the time.  Sometimes, cleaning can be boring but with music, the time seems to pass by.

Since I live here in Texas, it has already been hot.  Most of our heavy bedding has been put away.  I still need to wash the pillows and flip my mattress.

Day 15

For day 15, I had to devise a lesson plan of some sort to teach the importance of cleaning.  I came up with the following 5 W's:

What: The activity is to clean.

Why: We must be ready at all times to host.

How: Spot clean (10-15 min. for appearance and safety) and Deep clean (reorganize for efficiency and clean for health)

Who: Everybody; whoever makes a mess must clean up after themselves whenever possible.

When: When a mess is made, please clean up.  For example, spilled milk must be cleaned immediately so that no one slips and/or falls and hurts themselves.




I found some quotes about cleanliness at the following websites:


http://www.quotegarden.com/housework.html

http://www.household-management-101.com/house-cleaning-quotes.html

http://en.thinkexist.com/reference/quotes_about_cleaning/


The following quotes about cleanliness were interesting to me:


Housework is what a woman does that nobody notices unless she hasn't done it.
   
    Evan Esar

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, what is the significance of a clean desk?
   
    Laurence J. Peter (1919 - 1988)

You don't get anything clean without getting something else dirty.
   
    Cecil Baxter

Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them.
   
    Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)


As for what I had to do, I already cleaned the mirrors in my bedroom when I cleaned the ones in the living room.  I use mirrors in my house to make my house seem bigger.  It is rather difficult to clean the windows in my house because many of them are doubled up for the window AC units.  To be honest, the windows are so thin that two of them within the house are cracked.  Most of the windows in my house need to be replaced.


Well, thanks for reading this update 
and viewing the pictures. 

I hope I inspired you.

How about you, my readers?  Have you cleaned your living room?  Have you cleaned your pillows and blankets and put them away?  Are you wanting to deep clean, but you don't know where to get started?  The link above leads to an ebook which can be helpful in prioritizing and breaking down the cleaning.  I encourage you to click on the link if you need more help.

May God bless you all with His wisdom and peace.

This entry has been part of the Family Fun Fridays series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...