The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Saturday, September 10, 2011

Quick Food for a Vacation

Sandwich ingredients

Here we are on a mini-vacation.  Didn't know if we'd make it, but we are at the beach.  We have a double challenge with our food.  We are still participating in the No Takeout Challenge.  Now, we have to keep it going while on vacation!!!

Anyone who has gone on vacation knows what it's like to figure out what to eat and/or prepare in the way of meals.  It's a struggle to come up with quick snacks and meals.  It's a struggle to come up with something that everyone will enjoy.

The easiest thing to make is a sandwich.  Each family member can customize their own sandwich.  I brought sliced turkey breast, bologna, cheese slices, mayonnaise, and mustard.

Dinner meal ingredients

Then, there are pre-packaged items.  Uncle Ben's Ready Rice, Wolf Brand Chili, and Ranch Style Beans are among the items we brought with us.  My hope is that we can buy some meat at the local grocery at the beach.  We made sure to rent a room with a kitchenette so we can cook some of our own meals.


Easy pastas

For something a little more quick, we brought macaroni and cheese and soups in cups.  The room, fortunately, has a microwave.


Healthier meal alternatives

Baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, and spinach can be dipped in the ranch dressing I brought with us.  Mott's Healthy Harvest apple sauce comes in handy, too.  All we need to do is make sure to provide some plastic spoons.   Strawberries, green grapes, and red grapes are perfect fruits to go.  All we did was to containerize the fruits and veggies with either baggies or plastic reusable Rubbermaid containers.


Snacks in bag

Finally, we had portioned out a few snacks.  Among the choices were cereal, chocolate animal crackers, and raw almonds and walnuts.  I love Cheerios and so do the kids.  I eat the walnuts because they are filling and good for you.


Well, thanks for reading about our quick foods for a vacation.  I hope you got some ideas for your vacations.
 
What about you, my readers? Do you like salads? Do you like grapes?  What about chili or Cheerios?  I encourage you to get creative with quick meals.  Don't shy away from allowing your family members to eat what they want to eat, as long as they are eating from the recommended food groups, too.

May God bless you with His peace and wisdom, my beloveds.

This has been an entry for Saturday Spreads. I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...