The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, September 5, 2011

Braving the Unknown

Are you fearing the unknown?
 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."

 --John 14:1 NIV

Yes, we all having feelings.  Right now, it seems that many fear the unknown.  What if I fail at homeschooling?  What if I fail in a relationship?  What if I attempt something new?

No one knows what lies on the other side of the door of uncertainty.  Sometimes, you just have to take that leap of faith. Trusting that some venture or journey will turn out right is necessary.  What if there is failure at the other side of the door?

...but what if there is success at the other side of that door?

Back in high school, I took the chance to graduate.  I did.  Then, I attended a university.  I obtained my Bachelor's degree.  Years later, after a breakup with a friend, I decided to take a writing course.  I finished the course this year.

You never know what you might accomplish.

Taking the dip into a new project takes guts.  Carrying it out to the end is another.  I remember there were many times I wanted to quit my writing course.  I already had the learning materials in hand.  I thought I should just call and quit, even after I had paid for the course.

I stuck it out, and I feel a deep sense of exhilaration.  I managed to complete my course, all through my homeschooling and writing my memoir.  I had been wanting to take my writing course for over ten years.  I had been wanting to write my life story much longer.  I finally did what I wanted to do for my life--to write.

My point in writing all of this is to encourage you, my dear readers to hang in there.  If you have a goal, tell yourself that you can do it.  Pray to God for help.  Ask friends and family for help but don't be surprised if there are naysayers.  

Just go for it!

My purpose in recording this is to come back to it when I feel like I can't go on.  I need encouragement just like anyone else.  I'm glad I'm blogging about this topic of braving the unknown.  I pray that this helps someone who is struggling with life-changing decisions.


Well, friends, what do you think?  Is your heart troubled about something?  Are you fearing the unknown?  Are you stuck, not being able to move forward?  I encourage you to seek God through prayer.  Open the Bible to Matthew 6, where Jesus discusses the topic of worry.  God is loving and merciful, willing to help us all.  Turn to Him now.

Although today is Monday, I will be posting this to the Spiritual Sundays page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...