The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Friday, September 16, 2011

Organizing the Bathroom With Food Containers

See-through plastic bag for hair accessories

Two weeks ago, I came across an online article offering organizing tips.  In it, I read that glass jars can be reused.  That immediately sparked my imagination.  I had been using the above see-through plastic bag to house my hair accessories.  It was fine, but I wanted something less bulky but with some solid body to it.  


Washing to repurpose coffee containers

I remembered that we had some empty coffee plastic jars.  We had washed a few out to use within our home.  My hubby likes them for his endless supply of screws and nails.


Plastic jar for coffee repurposed for hair accessories

I decided to take my idea a little further.  I had some empty cleaned-out peanut butter plastic jars.  


Varying degrees of plastic jars

 I threw in some small balls of yarn.  I thought it looked decorative.  I've been watching a few episodes of the Nate Berkus show.  With his decorating expertise, he recommends using personal touches.  Since I crochet, I don't mind letting people know about love of yarn.


Disposable shavers in plastic tray

Having the disposable shavers in this white tray was not working for me.  I decided to use one of the former peanut butter jars for them.  It worked!


Disposable shavers in plastic jar

That freed up the white tray so I could use it (below) for toothpaste and other tooth-related toiletries.


Reused tray for tooth cleaning supplies

Often, we feel overwhelmed with all the things we own.  If we must keep a lot of items, we can organize them.  I have shown here that plastic jars can be reused to house our toiletries.  To organize the bathroom, we can keep the food containers and wash them up.  If the labels prove hard to remove, we can always employ a little bit of peanut butter and scrubbing.


Well, thanks for reading this entry.  If you like it, please press the "like" button below.  I would appreciate that very much.


How about it, my readers?  Have you organized anything in your bathroom lately?  Would you consider using plastic food jars?  Right now is the perfect opportunity to do your fall cleaning.  I hope you would find time to change things up for the fall season. 

May God bless you all with His wisdom and peace.

This entry is part of the Family Fun Fridays series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...