The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Friday, September 2, 2011

Bedtime Routine

Picture daughter created

Recently, I saw a bedtime routine that I could download.  It was a cute version for younger children.  Unfortunately, I needed something a little more advanced for my 11 year-old son.  That's why I decided to create one to fit his needs and maturity.  Since he already reads quite well, my version did not need as many pictures.

I asked my teenage daughter, the artist, to create a picture of a going-to-bed fish.  The only thing I needed to add was the new list of bedtime habits that I wanted my son to develop.  Below is what we came up with.  I hope this helps someone.  If you aren't able to access the Google document by clicking on the link, it could be that you don't have a gmail account, and that is easy to remedy.


Bedtime routine

Now, my son has a concrete list of what I require of him.  This will help him ease into a bedtime routine.  I've been needing a clear outline of what can help him wind down in the evening so he can get a good night's rest.  I've also been wanting him to get up early so he can get his chores and home schooling done in a timely manner.  It's fine for him to do his schoolwork on his own time, but some of his chores must be done by a certain time of the day.


Thanks for reading this quick blog entry about my son's bedtime routine.

Readers, let me know if you would like to see more of these type blog entries.  I'll try my best to come up with other clever, useful documents and/or printables.  My oldest son just made it possible to comment on these blog entries if you have a Facebook account so please let me know what you think of this printable.

How about it, my readers?  Do you all have any special bedtime routines?  I hope you would consider my bedtime routine for older youngsters. 

May God bless you all with His wisdom and peace.

This entry has been part of the Family Fun Fridays series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...