The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, September 11, 2011

Teaching Our Children About God

The Bible teaches us to teach our children about God.

1 A psalm of Asaph. O my people, listen to my teaching. Open your ears to what I am saying,  2 for I will speak to you in a parable. I will teach you hidden lessons from our past --  3 stories we have heard and know, stories our ancestors handed down to us.  4 We will not hide these truths from our children but will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the LORD. We will tell of his power and the mighty miracles he did.  5 For he issued his decree to Jacob; he gave his law to Israel. He commanded our ancestors to teach them to their children,  6 so the next generation might know them -- even the children not yet born -- that they in turn might teach their children.  7 So each generation can set its hope anew on God, remembering his glorious miracles and obeying his commands.
  --Psalm 78: 1-7 New Living Translation  Take time to read the Bible. It amazes me the stories that are recounted in the Bible.  There are grand deeds that God has done for His chosen people.  If it weren't for someone jotting them down, we wouldn't know anything about them.  Yet, some people have Bibles and don't read them.  They don't understand that if they really got into the Word, they would go beyond the milk and into the meat of who God is.   These particular verses of the Bible illustrate what God wanted for His people.  He wanted them to teach their children about Him.  That way, the children, and their children's children, would know about Him and His promise to provide for them.  For His people to know of the past provisions would continue to give them hope.  Without hope of a better fate, life is hard to live. 
Along with receiving countless blessing from God, we must give Him something back--obedience.  It's important that, in any relationship, there be some give and take.  It's no different in this case.  God loves to be our Daddy, providing us all that we need.  All we need to do is obey Him.  
How do we obey God?
We obey God by teaching our children about Him.  We teach our children about the miracles God has done for His people.  We let our children know that we, too, can receive those blessings.  We must also take the time to know what is right from wrong and refrain from doing bad.  
How do we know right from wrong?
In the past, the laws of God were contained in the Ark of the Covenant.  We now have the Bible in our hands.  We have copies of the laws of God.  There is no excuse to disobey God, but the reality is that some don't choose to read the Bible.  These individuals leave it to others to tell them what to do throughout life.
What are we teaching our children?
Are we leaving it to others to teach our children about God?  Are we reading the Bible to them?  Are we discussing with our children about all the provisions God has given us?  The best way to teach children about God is to recount the miracles from the past and back it up with what the Bible says.  In saying this, I must say it is imperative to teach about the consequences of disobedience, too. 
Well, thanks so much for reading today's blog entry about teaching our children about God.  I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
 How about you, my readers?  Are you reading your Bibles?  Have you shared the Word of God with your children?  Do you know about the provisions and instructions of God?  Are you discussing the topics of obedience and disobedience with your children?  I encourage you to read the rest of Psalm 78.  You can know what happens as a result of disobedience.   God bless you all, my dear friends, with His wisdom and peace.  In Jesus' name.  Amen! 
This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...