The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, September 12, 2011

Mental Health & Vacations

My children and me at the beach

I resisted going to the coast.  We didn't really have the money.  Even with doing the No Takeout Challenge, we are still not making it financially.  I stressed out so much about it that I even argued with my hubby about it.  No matter what, we still went to the coast, and it was worth it.


The bright moon

I was so glad that, while we couldn't afford a long trip, we still stayed one night.  I witnessed the moon shining on the waters.  It was an awesome sight.  The picture above does not do justice to the scenery I saw on Saturday night.  I tried my hardest to capture the loveliness of a pleasant night's excursion on the beach.


Long shadows on the beach

I took this picture (above) to tell a lot.  Many people enjoyed the beach that day, as you can see from the footprints.  You can see the shining light on the water beyond the sand.  There were at least three of us causing the shadow.  You can also see other people walking closer to the water.


Younger son with his catch

It was great to see my youngest enjoying himself.  Believe it or not, that boosted my spirits.  I was happy that he was fishing.  He said he felt jolly.


Happy me with my little catch

I got into the spirit of fishing, although we only caught small fish.  It was exhilarating.  The wind was blowing but not too hard.  The temperature was pleasant.  The people on the pier were friendly, too.


My oldest with his catch

My oldest son seems like a professional at fishing.  He knew how to throw out the line.  He was even teaching his younger brother.  I especially liked when we were walking on the beach earlier; he took it upon himself to walk with me in the rear of our group.  He said he was on the lookout in case anyone came upon us; that moment made me proud to be his momma.

This was a memorable vacation.  I found out how much my kids love me.  I felt it when they hugged me as we had our picture taken.  We were with friends, slapped together a barbeque meal, and joked around, too.  We got to fish and feel the tug of the fish as they fed on the shrimp.

My internet during the trip was intermittent.

Money problems aside, getting away to recharge the batteries benefited all of us.  I think my husband appreciated that I caved in to his desire to go to the coast.  I don't recommend getting into debt to get away from the mundane routine.  I do recommend shifting money around and possibly having a staycation if that is all one can afford.  I strongly believe, that for our mental health, we sometimes have to step away from the computer.


Well, thanks for reading about my thoughts on mental health and vacations.  I hope this blog entry helps someone.

How about you, my readers?  Have you gone on a vacation recently?  Did you enjoy yourselves?  How did you feel after your vacation?  I encourage you to consider a vacation, even if it has to be a staycation.  Refrain from checking your Facebook, emails, and phone calls for just a little while.  It could be for the weekend or just one afternoon.  You might just need a little break from the monotony of life.   

If you need to improve your health, in any form, please ask God to help you; he will, if you pray for His guidance.

This is an entry for Medical Mondays.  For past entries, click here.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints that I discussed here are just my opinions.  Please consult your physician before altering anything relating to your health.  I am only suggesting here to take charge of your health.  Don't just leave your health in the hands of your doctors; become your own advocate.  You know best how your body is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...