The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, September 26, 2011

Our Adoption Into Christ's Kingdom

The Bible teaches us about our adoption into God's kingdom.

1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;  2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.  3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:  4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,  5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.  6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.  7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.  --Galatians 4:1-7 King James Version  We recently saw the movie, Thor.  No, I won't spoil the whole story for those who haven't seen it yet.  I will say that the plot centers around a would-be hero.  Because of his ill-conceived zeal, Thor is banished to earth.  Throughout the movie, he comes to realize the error of his lust for war.  Just at the right time, Thor saves the day.    Wisdom does not come easily.  Neither does leadership.  A true leader of a people does not make hasty decisions.  He weighs the pros and cons of any given circumstances.   Leadership does not change hands until the time is right.  This is the same with God, His son, and us.  God sent His Son to us.  Jesus was born of an earthly woman to reconcile us to the Father.  God knew what He was doing.  God desired the right leader--Jesus--for us.  Just like Thor ended up saving his people, Jesus is Our Savior.  Just as Jesus is King of all kings, we ourselves are leaders in our communities and homes.  At the right time, we have the responsibility to lead with wisdom and care.  Thanks to the adoption into the kingdom of God, we have the counsel of the Holy Spirit to guide us in our decision-making.  Because God accepted us as His children, we are more than servants to each other.  We must keep in mind, though, that the highest of us all is servant to the lesser.  We serve a Mighty God and are appointed to love each other.   Thanks for reading today's blog entry about our adoption into Christ's kingdom.  I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
 How about you, my readers?  Have you read about our adoption into the Father's kingdom?  Do you understand about how the adoption occurred?  Have you shared what the Word of God says about why The Father sent His Son to earth?  Do you truly know what it means to be a child of God?  I encourage you to read different versions of Galatians 4:1-7 to understand about God adopting us into His family.    May the only true God of all gods bless us, my dear friends, with His wisdom and peace.  In Jesus' name.  Amen! 
This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...