The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Z is for Virtual Zoos & Technology Tuesday Recap



I'm currently participating in 
an ABC's for homeschooling challenge.  
Since it falls on Tuesdays, 
I am adding a technological slant to the challenge.  
I hope you stay tuned and enjoy my entries.
 
 
I've had a fun and sometimes challenging time coming up with a letter for each alphabet.  I have loved doing this because my creativity has been stretched.  Below is a list of virtual zoos that I have compiled.  Enjoy!
 
 
Kaelyn with her favorite animal--panda bear
Kaelyn's panda bear family
Panda Cam
 
My daughter, Kaelyn, loves panda bears.  She loves them so much she has a whole family of stuffed panda bears, even the pillow pets.  I wish she could see them in person, but our San Antonio Zoo, doesn't have a display with them in it.  The next best thing is to find them online in a virtual zoo.


Wikipedia explains what a virtual zoo is. 

Surfing the Net with Kids website has a list of virtual zoos.

Here is a live web cams compilation.
 
The Virtual Petting Zoo
is awesome.
 
Zoobooks version of a virtual zoo, is complete with lots of information and pictures.
 
Lawrence Goetz's virtual zoo is nicely organized.
 
The Big Zoo shows information and pictures of dinosaurs and other animals.
 
Pioneer Virtual Zoo says it a zoo for children, created by children.
 
The Zoo Online is all about zoos of the world.
 
The Online Zoo includes themes and activities.
 
 
 
Well, thanks for viewing this quick blog entry about virtual zoos, which can be used in our home school.

Next week, I hope to cover the letter X.  
Please stay tuned!


How about you, my readers?  Have you ever visited any zoos via the internet?  If so, did you ask your children to take notes or do a followup assignment?  Or would your family visit virtual zoos for pure entertainment?  I think virtual zoos are a wonderful, economical method to learn about animals.  I believe in finding technological tools to help in the home school; I hope you would consider using technology in your schools, too. 

I pray that God gives you all, my beloveds, His wisdom and peace.
 
This has been an entry for the Technology Tuesdays series.  Please visit my Technology Tuesdays webpage for a list of my previous entries.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...