The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Saturday, September 17, 2011

Easy Snack Platter

Turkey, cheese, pickle platter

Once upon a time, I was busily involved in a local home school group.  I needed to make a quick, tasty, and nutritious snack for a meeting.  I decided to make a platter like the one above.  Since then, I have made several platters like this one over the years.  Now, my daughter is making them, too.


Easy ingredients and setup for platter

These are the simple ingredients:

--a block of mild cheddar cheese to cube
--a package of turkey breast slices to cut into strips to roll and pin with 
--toothpicks
--sliced kosher pickles
--knife to cut the cheese cubes and turkey breast


Hardest part of platter--the cutting of ingredients

Other considerations include vegetable and fruit platters.  Perhaps, I'll create another blog entry to reflect such platters.  They are delicious and healthy for you.  It's as simple as coming up with a multi-compartment container to house raw broccoli and carrots.  A platter could also consist of separate grapes and strawberries.


Well, thanks for reading about our easy snack platter.  I hope this informs you all of a quick set of snacks to throw together.
 
What about you, my readers? Do you like finger foods? Do you like cheese, pickles, and turkey breast?  Combining these simple ingredients into a platter is lovely.  I encourage you to get creative with quick meals.  Don't shy away from allowing your family members to eat what they want to eat, as long as they are eating from the recommended food groups, too.

May God bless you with His peace and wisdom, my beloveds.

This has been an entry for Saturday Spreads. I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...