The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Thursday, September 1, 2011

Language Arts for First Grade

Large phonics workbook--American Education Publishing

Two weeks ago, I posted Reading for First Grade.  I gave a list of books that we will choose from for reading.  Today, I want to show what we will be using for Language Arts.


The 5 W's Reading Skills--Bryan House publisher

I consider this workbook for learning about what needs to be included in good writing, whether for sentences and/or paragraphs.  The cover mentions that this workbook builds reading skills.  It is a great workbook because each reproducible provides a reading passage and simple questions to answer.


Starfall.com workbook

I love everything about Starfall.  The website is great for the emerging reader.  This workbook had been offered for free years ago.  I took advantage and had sent out for 4 sets, one set for each of my children.  I held onto this one for my youngest.

The website offers the workbook, in PDF, for free.  You can also buy the workbooks cheaply.


Words with pictures in Starfall book
Workbook provides space for writing--Starfall

Spelling & Writing--Carson-Dellosa

I'm thinking that I'll use this small workbook, (pictured above) which includes a chart and stickers, after the Starfall workbook is finished.  It would function nicely as a summer enrichment workbook.


Spelling Super Workbook--Hooked On Phonics

I like the Hooked On Phonics product line.  The workbooks feature lots of colorful pictures.  This spelling workbook includes charts and stickers to show progress.  This large workbook is split into chapters.  The answers are provided, too.


Well, thanks for reading this entry about what I'm using to teach Language Arts to my first grade student.  I hope I've given you all an idea of what could be used in the home school.

How about you, my readers?  For those of you who home school, what are you using for Language Arts for first grade?  Are you satisfied with your curriculum choices?  It's fun to find various books for first grade for Language Arts.  It gives our children a chance to learn how to write from different sources.
I pray that God helps us all, whether we are homeschooling or are thinking of home schooling.


May God bless you all with His wisdom and peace, as you teach your children.

This has been an entry for Thorough Thursdays.  Hope you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...