The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Thursday, September 15, 2011

Aids to Teach Writing

Poem written with aid of worksheet

Writing can be a difficult subject to teach and learn.  Often, we don't know where to start.  What is our topic?  Who are we talking about?  How do you describe the setting? 

Below, I created a quick list of printables that can organize the writing process.  Some are for answering all of the questions pertaining to a give topic.  Some are for developing descriptions using the five senses.  Enjoy!


*5 W's:








*5 Senses:










*Compilations of graphic organizers:




Well, thanks for reading this quick entry about some writing printables I am using for my children.  I hope I've given you an idea of using graphic organizers to teach writing in the home school.

How about you, my readers?  Are you using any graphic organizers for writing?  Have you used any free worksheets to help your children organize their thoughts?  It's fun to find various teaching aids.  It gives our children a chance to learn through different means.

I pray that God helps us all, whether we are homeschooling or not.  May God bless us all with His wisdom and peace, as we teach our children.

This has been an entry for Thorough Thursdays.  Hope you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...