The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cheap, Easy Meal


Little-to-prepare meal

There are days when I am wiped out.  I mean, I am too tired to cook a delicious, healthy meal.  That's why I have to whip something together quickly.  Not all of my meals are healthy.  Then, we must consider that our family is doing the No Takeout Challenge, and that will be lasting until the end of this year.


Waffle fries

I love waffle fries.  I loved the waffle fries from Chik Fil A, but I can't stomach the peanut oil that is used in their food.  That's why I was happy to see that our grocery stores carry these waffle fries.  

These generic waffles do not come seasoned.  That's fine because I ask my eldest to brush the fries with butter from a tub.  Then, I sprinkle black pepper, sea salt, and chives.  The fries are placed in the oven at the suggested time.  The waffle fries come out delicious!


Cheap pizza

These Totino pizzas are cheap.  In a pinch, it's better to eat these than nothing.  Believe me, I go without eating at times.  These warm up in the oven in no time.  It's as easy as wrapping aluminum foil onto an old cookie sheet and placing the pizzas on them.


Dessert--sliced peaches
Closeup of peaches

In a desperate moment, canned peaches work as a wonderful dessert.  You can pair it with some cinnamon-flavored graham crackers.  The alternative is to eat it by itself.  That's how my kids eat it mostly--with nothing else but the juice.

Of course, a salad can also be eaten.  Spinach with tomatoes and croutons is perfect.  We can add either ranch or Italian dressing.  At least a salad is considered healthy.  In exchange, frozen broccoli can also be prepared quickly.

 
Well, thanks for reading about our cheap, easy mealI hope you got some ideas for your own meals.
 
What about you, my readers? Do you like Totinos pizzas? Do you like waffle fries?  What would you add or subtract from this fast, cheap meal?  I encourage you to get creative with quick meals.  Don't shy away from allowing your family members to eat what they want to eat, as long as they are eating from the recommended food groups, too.

May God bless you with His peace and wisdom, my beloveds.
 
This has been an entry for Saturday Spreads. I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...