The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Importance of Each Member of the Church

The Bible explains the importance of each member of the Church.

I'm sorry this has been posted late.  Thanks for waiting for this entry, my friends.
  21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. 22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. 24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together , having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: 25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured , all the members rejoice with it. 27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?   --1 Corinthians 12:20-30 King James Version    For the month of October, I focused mostly on 1 Corinthians 12.  The body of Christ, the Church, has important members.  Everyone is vital to the Church.  Each person, who helps to make up the Church, does his/her essential job within the body of Christ.  It might seem that one job in the church is more important than another.  The Bible says that every member has value.  There isn't one person who has been blessed with all of the special talents.  God has given abilities to whomever He wishes.   Let's appreciate one another more fully.  Let us not boast of our abilities.  One church member should not tell another that He/She is not as important as others.  It would be a shame if the one who brags says to another church member that cleaning the toilets in the church is not as important as a church planter.  Each function of the church is necessary for the whole body of Christ to run smoothly.      I thank God for any abilities He's given me.  I pray that I never boast about anything but that God has decided to bless me with talents and skills which are useful for the Church.  I pray that He helps me do the best with those talents and skills.  I am also thankful for those church members who have used their abilities to teach me and/or blessed me in some way.  Thanks for reading this blog entry about the body of Christ, the Church.  I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
 How about you, my readers?  As Christians, do you understand the concept of the church being the body of Christ?  What part do you have within the body of Christ?  Do you truly know what it means to be an integral part of the Church?  I encourage you to read different versions of 1 Corinthians 12:20-30 to understand what the Bible says about the Church being the body of Christ.    May the only true God of all gods bless us, my dear friends, with His wisdom and peace.  In Jesus' name.  Amen!  
This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/

To view past, related blog entries, read:

 

The Holy Spirit's Blessings

God-Given Abilities to Christians

The Body of Christ

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...