The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2 NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo 
is National Novel Writing Month, 
a month long challenge to write a novel 
throughout the month of November. 

Today went really well.  Daughter and I once again were in the same room.  We love to sit near each other.  We stop and ask each other how we are doing.  It's great to have such a willing soundboard.

I love that we have this time together.  She's growing up too quickly, and she's so smart.  I am one proud mother.

We both got ahead in our word count.  The hope is that we can take the weekend off and/or have some time off during Thanksgiving.  Iris' birthday is the day before Thanksgiving.  We often get frazzled around that time so we take school off for at least one week.

Still had enough ideas for the novel today.  I am so thankful that the gray cells, as Mr. Hercule Poirot (an Agatha Christie character) says, are still working.  Today, I ventured into dialogue.  It made my story more fun.  I might go back to Day One's work and add more dialogue there, as well.

Here's a teaser to my story:


“Now here this, Jilly Anne. I'm married to the man of my dreams. He loves me. He is with me. If you try to come between us, you will pay for it. Do you hear me?” Caroline said.


I'll try to give an update tomorrow.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...