The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 4 NaNoWriMo


NaNoWriMo 
is National Novel Writing Month, 
a month long challenge to write a novel 
throughout the month of November. 



What a lovely week of creativity!  I've been having a lot of fun.  My words have spilled out onto the laptop screen so easily.  I've been in ecstasy over this new venture.  I can't wait for what lies ahead...

I've got over 10,000 words under my belt so far.  For a writer like me, that's quite a feat.  Last year was a big struggle, even though I had oodles of memories to draw from.  In many ways, I was restricted last year.  I was working with facts.  This year, I am working with fiction, and yes, I am still writing from experience.  I'm drawing from what I've observed in my forty years.  There is a lot of material to work with.

Crisis was averted.

I also have my music to work with, as inspiration.  Yesterday, I was freaking out because I couldn't find my CDs.  My original copy of the Ultimate Barry Manilow music seems too scratched to work properly anymore.  I scoured the place looking for my CD collection.  Then, I remembered I'd placed the binder in the cabinet under the TV in my room.

I went ahead and asked my geeky son to save some music from my old desktop computer onto my mp3 player.  He saved them into different folders apart from my dance music.  There's nothing weirder than having Michael Buble singing between Disco songs.  Haha!


Well, thanks for reading about my NaNoWriMo adventures!  Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...