The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6 NaNoWriMo


NaNoWriMo 
is National Novel Writing Month, 
a month long challenge to write a novel 
throughout the month of November.


I did some writing but not for my novel.  Instead I woke up at about 2 a.m. due to the time change.  I made a poem about the hour change.  It produced chaos for me.

My Day Light Savings Fiasco

Here's a little ditty
That I think is pretty:

I went to sleep at nine o'clock
Cuz Ms. Sandman did knock.

Woke up six
hours later
What a mix
I hate her.

My body said get up
My brain said not yet
Finally my brain said giddy up
so it's a sure bet
That I turned on the light
an idea in my brain did alight.

My body slept six hours
But my clock showed five hours.
 
Crazy Day Light Savings bit
at my 'puter chair I did sit
can't help but write
before it's bright.

This silly nonsense
You see, I'm not so dense
To think this too witty
but it's about this kitty
Who can't sleep
And can't count sheep.

Here's fair warning
It's not worth darning
Those socks
But those clocks
Deserve our time
To reset the flocks
To at the same point, chime.

Rebecca Garcia. 2011.


I hope you liked my poem.  I had fun making it.  It's not perfect, but I love making funny poems about silly situations.

I'll try to give an update tomorrow.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...