The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Surrendering to God: My Contemplation of Verse 40 of the Tao Te Ching

Dr. Dyer's book is Change your Thoughts--Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao.

Today, I am focusing on verse 40 of the Tao Te Ching:


Returning is the motion of the Tao.

Yielding is the way of the Tao.

The 10,000 things are born of being.

Being is born of nonbeing.


For being the shortest verse of the Tao Te Ching, this one speaks volumes.  

This verse asks the following questions: Where are we going?  What is our destination?  What do we want to accomplish?  Where does our strength come from?  Where does our knowledge come from?

To know that we have an origin helps us to begin to understand a few things:

1. There is a source for everything.  God is the source of all of creation.  He is the source for our power.  He is the source for our strength when we are weak.  

2. If God created everything, He created us, too.  Our identity is rooted in God.  We are His children.  We should act like it, too.

3. We often get in the way of God's purpose in our lives.  Our ego, or selfish needs and wants to take over.  We need to step aside.  We need to surrender our wills to God.

4. We need to return to our origin.  We need to get back to our spiritual source.  Our movements, or rather our actions, should be propelling us towards God.  Let's go before God's throne and talk to Him.

We must desire to impact our lives, and the lives of others, in a positive manner.  We need to ask ourselves some pivotal questions: Are we indeed moving in the right direction?  What will it take to get to our destination?  What is our purpose for living on this earth?  What does God want us to do?  Then, we must be willing to accept the answers to those questions.


Thanks for reading today's post.  
I appreciate it very much.  
I hope this post blesses you, my dear readers.

I've got some questions for you: Have you surrendered to God?  How are you drawing closer to God, the source of everything (Tao)?  Are you relying on God, the source of power and strength?  I pray we all seek God and His provisions. Let's ask God to give us peace and resolve to keep moving forward.  He is sure to help us.

May God bless you, my beloveds, with His wisdom and peace, in Jesus' name.  Amen!

This has been an entry for Wisdom Wednesdays.


I am currently drawing inspiration from Dr. Wayne W. Dyer's book and the 81 verses of the Chinese wisdom book the Tao Te Ching.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...