The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, August 22, 2011

How I'm Dealing With Pain

I want to eat more salads this week.

I suffered such pain this past week.  I won't go into all the details, except to say that my skin suffered a flareup.  Yes, I think it's coming in cycles.  I do what I can about it.  I even took naproxen sodium for the pain, which I promised to stay away from but to no avail.  

I told my hubby that I felt like going to the emergency room.  I even told him that I question why I should be alive if just to suffer this horrible pain.  Hey, I'm just being honest here.  No one who has been in such horrible pain can tell me they've never wondered the same.  It seems like the pain will never end...and yet, I must go on.


Enough of the pity-party.  Here's how I bore the pain:

1. I took Benadryl orally because that, I've heard, can dissipate rash from an allergy.  It's the histamines in the body that caused me intense itching.  I had to attack it from the inside.  It helped about 70% of the symptoms.

2. I slept.  I'd heard that Benadryl would make me sleepy.  That was so true.  I took enough of the medication, which hubby bought.  Sleep, sleep, sleep is what I did.

3. Writing helped, too.  I journaled about some of my frustrating thoughts about the economy and how people love to berate our president.  Everything is being blamed on him, and that upsets me so much.  Too many people do not understand that situations in the past set up what happens in the future.  Our President can only do so much when his hands are tied by Congress and the Senate; even my fifteen year-old understands this concept.

4. Spent time with my family.  I decided to play Wheel of Fortune on the Wii with my family.  It was fun.  I loved that we spent a few minutes together.  I loved that my family was practicing their spelling skills.

5. Finally, I read for pleasure.  I can keep reading for information online but sometimes I need to read for the mere fun of it.  Yes, I'm a kid at heart.  I love reading the Nancy Drew series.  A few weeks back, my hubby had bought my daughter some more of the books, and I had been looking forward to reading some of the books.


Here are my goals for this week to improve my health:

1. Sleep more and on time.  Sleep, it's been said, helps heal the body.  I've heard that the hours between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. are the optimal hours for the body to heal.  I'd also like to get up early to eat with my hubby.  A healthy start to the day with a breakfast leads to a better day.

2. Take my vitamins and supplements.  I want to take my Chlorella, cinnamon, and ginger.  I'd also like to research what other foods contain anti-inflammatory properties.  Perhaps I'll create a blog entry on just that topic.

3. Eat more plant-based foods.  I'd like to try to eat more salads and nuts.  Today, I turned on the TV to a PBS channel.  I found Dr. Joel Fuhrman speaking on how he's helped many people lose weight.  That's not what perked my ears; it's when he mentioned inflammation, which I suffer from.

 
Well, thanks for reading about how I dealt with my pain and my health goals for this week.  I appreciate it very much.

How about you, my readers?  How are you all doing?  Have you struggled with your health?  Have you suffered with inflammation?  I encourage you to consider bite-size changes in your life, gradually accumulating the better habits in your life.  If you need to improve your health, in any form, please ask God to help you.  Surely, He will, if you pray for His guidance.

This is an entry for Medical Mondays.  For past entries, click here.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...