The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, August 15, 2011

Blogging Update

Been blogging at blogger.com for 6 months.

On February 1st of this year (2011), I started this blog with the blog entry: Bittersweet Moment.  That was about six months ago.  A lot has happened since then.  I've blogged every day this year.  For the first month I blogged at another website but switched to www.blogger.com.

I had a primary reason for blogging--to write.  I wanted to practice my writing skills.  I wanted to learn how to more efficiently express myself.  I wanted to put into affect what I was learning from my writing course.  I feel I've come a long way.

I have a secondary reason for blogging--to improve my health.  Journaling, putting pen to paper, helped me when I was a lonely teenager.  I knew that writing would help my sanity.  It sure has.  I've also been giving updates on cleaning challenges, health quests, and my spiritual journey.

I have been enjoying a third reason for blogging--to teach my children.  I wanted to share and record bits of wisdom.  I wanted to write down some recipes for my growing kids.  I've wanted to show that one can keep at a goal, until one achieves it.  I think I've done a good job so far.

With my blogging, I have recorded about my family.  I've celebrated loving moments.  I've showed how special each of my family members are.  I've also shared about our homeschooling, including the technology and other materials we are, or will, be using. 

I've enjoyed it all, immensely.  Through this all, though, I have not made money.  I just want to make that clear.  I have, on several occasions, received some material.  I feel my integrity is intact.

I plan to keep blogging for another six months.  I will try to write everyday for the next few months until this year is out.  I can't say that I won't try to make money off of any blog I create after that.  I hope to keep this blog free, but I ask that no one ask me to review anything for free.  I don't have time or energy for that.

Thanks for reading this blog entry.  I appreciate, as always, you taking the time to read it.

God bless!

This entry is linked to My About Me page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...