The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Consequences of Idol Worship

The Bible shows how destructive idol worship can become.

15 Idols are worthless; they are lies! The time is coming when they will all be destroyed.  16 But the God of Israel is no idol! He is the Creator of everything that exists, including Israel, his own special possession. The LORD Almighty is his name!  17 "Pack your bag and prepare to leave; the siege is about to begin,"  18 says the LORD. "For suddenly, I will fling you from this land and pour great troubles upon you. At last you will feel my anger."  19 My wound is desperate, and my grief is great. My sickness is incurable, but I must bear it.  20 My home is gone, and no one is left to help me rebuild it. My children have been taken away, and I will never see them again.  21 The shepherds of my people have lost their senses. They no longer follow the LORD or ask what he wants of them. Therefore, they fail completely, and their flocks are scattered.  22 Listen! Hear the terrifying roar of great armies as they roll down from the north. The towns of Judah will be destroyed and will become a haunt for jackals.  23 I know, LORD, that a person's life is not his own. No one is able to plan his own course.  24 So correct me, LORD, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.  25 Pour out your wrath on the nations that refuse to recognize you -- on nations that do not call upon your name. For they have utterly devoured your people Israel, making the land a desolate wilderness.  --Jeremiah 10:15-25 New Living Translation  Did you know that God, our Heavenly Father, is a jealous God?  It's true.  The Bible references that fact in several places.  Idol worship, the worship of other things and/or people, besides that of God, is detrimental.  I blogged about what idol worship really is last week.  There are consequences to idol worship.  We can see the results as illustrated in this chapter.  Those idols, we hold dear, will be brought down.  We must be careful or else the Lord could take our houses and children away.  Personally, I value my children too much to let that happen; and I pray that idol worship will never stand between God and me.   At the end of this chapter, Jeremiah asks God to gently correct his misbehavior.  He knows that there are consequences to a nation falling into idol worship.  We are under the assumption that our lives are our own.  That's not true.  We can try to plot our goals for our lives, but God is the One who directs our steps.  If we are doing wrong, in God's eyes, let's ask Him for forgiveness.  Let's turn away from our idol worship.  Let's turn to Him for guidance.  Let's ask Him for a gentle push in the right direction, but let's do that with all sincerity.  He will surely point us in the right direction.   Thanks so much for reading today's blog entry about the consequences of idol worship.  I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
 How about you, my readers?  Are you guilty of idol worship?  What are placing in higher importance than God?  Have you accepted God, the Father, as the God of all gods?  I encourage you to read the Bible, especially Jeremiah 10.  I think it's worth understanding this concept of idol worship.  Knowing this can help you seek help from the real God who holds the ultimate power to affect your life in a wonderfully abundant way.
 God bless you all, my dear friends, with His wisdom and peace.  In Jesus' name.  Amen! 
This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...