The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, August 8, 2011

Jesus' Appointment as High Priest

The Bible explains who Melchizedek was.
Background of Melchizedek:

1 This Melchizedek was king of the city of Salem and also a priest of God Most High. When Abraham was returning home after winning a great battle against many kings, Melchizedek met him and blessed him.   2 Then Abraham took a tenth of all he had won in the battle and gave it to Melchizedek. His name means "king of justice." He is also "king of peace" because Salem means "peace."   3 There is no record of his father or mother or any of his ancestors -- no beginning or end to his life. He remains a priest forever, resembling the Son of God.   I wonder what it would be like to be visited by such a high priest.  Would I immediately get to making a meal for him?  Would I sit there and ask him questions about my spiritual life?  Or would I listen as he tells me something life-changing?  Would he bless me with a special word from God?   Questions abound:  To understand who Jesus is, we must read what the word says of Jesus.  Jesus' purpose in our lives is to be our high priest.  What does that mean?  What does a high priest do?  What does that mean for my life?
6 But Melchizedek, who was not even related to Levi, collected a tenth from Abraham. And Melchizedek placed a blessing upon Abraham, the one who had already received the promises of God.   7 And without question, the person who has the power to bless is always greater than the person who is blessed.   8 In the case of Jewish priests, tithes are paid to men who will die. But Melchizedek is greater than they are, because we are told that he lives on.   Indeed, when Abraham dealt with Melchizedek, the high priest, Abraham was blessed.  I love God's blessings in my life.  If Jesus is my high priest, and I obey His instructions, He will be bless me immensely.  The same thing can happen to you, too, my readers.  Turn to Jesus when you need God's blessings.   Christ is compared to Melchizedek:
 16 He [Jesus Christ] became a priest, not by meeting the old requirement of belonging to the tribe of Levi, but by the power of a life that cannot be destroyed.   17 And the psalmist pointed this out when he said of Christ, "You are a priest forever in the line of Melchizedek."   18 Yes, the old requirement about the priesthood was set aside because it was weak and useless.   19 For the law made nothing perfect, and now a better hope has taken its place. And that is how we draw near to God.   A source of life (God, the Father), which cannot be destroyed, created Jesus.  Jesus is a forever priest, just like Melchizedek.  In fact, Jesus is the Word that was with God when He created the earth and everything in it.  Because God put aside the weak priesthood (human in their sinful flesh), we now have Jesus.  Through Jesus, our mediator, we have a bridge to God, the Father.  God says Jesus is the forever priest:  20 God took an oath that Christ would always be a priest, but he never did this for any other priest.   Even the psalmist knew of Melchizedek.  The psalmist knew of Jesus' role as high priest in our lives.  Melchizedek was a prototype of Jesus.  That is how the psalmist could draw the comparison between the two.
21 Only to Jesus did he [God] say, "The Lord has taken an oath and will not break his vow: 'You are a priest forever.'"   22 Because of God's oath, it is Jesus who guarantees the effectiveness of this better covenant.   --Hebrews 7: 1-3, 6-8, 16-22 New Living Translation  God, the Father, appointed His Son as High Priest over all.  Jesus, in his infallible, sinless self, is the only effective priest.  This promise (covenant, contract) that God created between us humans and Himself is forever and unbreakable.  Oh, what a wonderful present from God, the Father!  Our sins have kept us apart from our Heavenly Father, but...   God has made a way for us to be able to have a relationship with Him through His Son, Jesus Christ--our high priest.


Thanks so much for reading today's blog entry about Jesus being our high priest.  I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
 How about you, my readers?  Did you know that Jesus was appointed as our high priest?  Have you accepted Jesus as your high priest?  I encourage you to read the Bible, especially Hebrews 7.  I think it's worth understanding this concept of God appointing His Son, Jesus, as our high priest.  Knowing this can help you seek Jesus when you need the help that only God, the Father, can provide.
 God bless you all, my dear friends, with His wisdom and peace.  In Jesus' name.  Amen! 
This has been an entry for the Spiritual Sundays series. 


To compile this mini- bible study, I visited: http://www.biblestudytools.com/

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...