The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Monday, August 29, 2011

My Internet Findings About Inflammation

Book about inflammation is tagged.

I am suffering one of the worse episodes of inflammation.  I've had the most severe itching ever.  I tried taking an antihistamine.  I tried using Aveeno with Menthol, which usually helps tamp down the itching.  I know hormones usually bring the inflammation along, but this time it was so unbearable.

I suspect a peanut allergy.  It might be mild.  The worse I think is that I ate a lot of chips at once.  I had fasted away from the chips for a few weeks.  I started craving them so I gave in, and that was a big mistake.

I found some websites about inflammation.  I found out about foods that cause inflammation.  I have found out about foods that fight inflammation.  I can say that I just ate some red grapes and raw almonds, and I feel a little better.  Also, I recently had a discussion with my husband about our need to get away from processed foods. 

I have to say that stress could have bought on a case of hives.  I know that stress aggravates my skin condition.  I had been stressing about my kids starting up home schooling again.  I feel better now because I have addressed the preparation of my children's learning material.  I have also finished my writing course; Yes!

I feel a deep sense of desperation.  I hate feeling like I want to crawl out of my skin.  I tell you, my readers, about this in case anyone feels like I do.  I am sincerely hoping that changing what I eat will help me.  I am going to comb through these websites in more detail because I think the food is the key to my healing.

God has created the raw foods for a reason.  The answer is in the fruits, vegetables, almonds, salmon, and coconut and olive oil.  You can comb through the websites and glean much about what inflammation is.  We, as a society, have gotten away from the healthy foods in favor of convenience.  We must move back to the basics in the food chain; I think that's the only way for us to recover our health.

I want all of us to get healthier.  That's why I am sharing my journey with you.  Everyday that I learn what affects my health is a step forward.  My prayer is that it will benefit you all that I am sharing this very personal journey.  May God open our eyes to the reality of the food that has been sold to us.


The following are the websites I found, which discuss inflammation:

*Information on inflammation--
  
  




*Foods to eat--





Well, thanks for reading about my thoughts on inflammation and my internet findings.  I hope this compilation of websites helps someone.

How about you, my readers?  How are you all doing?  Have you struggled with your health?  Are you suffering with inflammation?  I encourage you to consider bite-size changes in your life, gradually accumulating the better habits in your life.  If you need to improve your health, in any form, please ask God to help you.  Surely, He will, if you pray for His guidance.

This is an entry for Medical Mondays.  For past entries, click here.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints that I discussed here are just my opinions.  Please consult your physician before altering anything relating to your health.  I am only suggesting here to take charge of your health.  Don't just leave your health in the hands of your doctors; become your own advocate.  You know best how your body is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...