The Intention of My Blog


Welcome, my beloved readers!

In case you're wondering, it's not a typo up there for you see the definition of goodly is:

used as an adjective to describe something
1. of ample or good size, ex: a goodly amount.
2. of a fine appearance, ex: a goodly young man.
3. Archaic. of good quality, ex: a goodly gift.

I am a mother who home educates her children; I would be pleased if you'd look around. You never know if I might have something to your liking. I've blogged about different topics. I hope you enjoy your stay here. May God bless you with peace, a renewing of your mind, and rest as you read my posts.

Please remember to subscribe to my blog, using any variety of methods, which are below to the right, including Facebook.

Thanks to all for your patience as I have been on the mend. I had double heart bypass surgery in February of 2013, and I needed to focus on my recovery, which has been in steady progress. Thanks for your kind consideration.


Thanks for visiting!



Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Contemplation of Verse 20 of the Tao Te Ching

Dr. Dyer's book is Change your Thoughts--Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao.

Today, I want to focus on verse 20 of the Tao Te Ching, specifically this portion:

Most people have too much; 

I alone seem to be missing something.

Mine is indeed the mind of an ignoramus

in its unadulterated simplicity.

I am but a guest in this world.

While others rush about to get things done,

I accept what is offered.

I alone seem foolish,

earning little, spending less.

Living in this world is tough when you consider what you are up against.  We have to meet deadlines.  We have obligations to others and ourselves.  We have goals to meet.  We are under the microscope to those around us, watching our every move.

It is no wonder that I have asked myself several questions:

What are my priorities in this life?
What do I need to do to get through those priorities?
What material things do I need to reach my goals?
Who do I need in my life to help me reach my goals?
What information am I lacking?

After asking myself those questions, I have to learn to accept those things that I cannot change.  I cannot change how tired this body gets.  When I start a project, like blogging, I throw my whole self into it.  Sometimes, I get obsessed.  Sometimes, I suffer for my craft.

Now, am I the only one who does this?  No.  We are all guilty, if we love something, of throwing our all into the said project.  This verse of the Tao Te Ching is asking us to stop striving for material possessions, prestige, and money.  Afterall, what did we come with into this world?  Nothing.

We will someday pass on from this life.  Our spirit will go back to God, the Source of our spirit.  We are not taking anything with us.  It will all stay behind.  That's why in the Bible, we are encouraged to store up treasures in heaven, instead of down here on earth.

Many people are used to reaching for the latest new trends.  We have this mindset that we need to get those new things.  Really, we do not.  I'm not saying that I don't have technology in my house.  How do you think I'm reaching you, my beloved readers?

I love the technology for what it can do for me.  It can also become a burden.  Just think about how Facebook, Twitter, and the many social mediums we have available to us.  We can communicate with people around the world.  I have visitors to my blog from Hungary and India, and I think that is awesome.

I am happy to be a blessing to anyone who passes through this blog.  I would that you leave with new-found wisdom or a new way to think about life.  Again, I will state--I do not want to change your religion.  That is not my intention.  I am intent on getting you to be at peace with your current situation.

If we let go of the control for a bit, we can let God work in our lives.  From the Source of everything can flow abundance.  If we are not of this world, then let us turn to God, our Father.  He is our provider.  Let's turn our tough situations over to Him.

I have health conditions that seemed worse a few weeks ago.  It is by laying it at God's feet, that I am sensing a transformation.  I really do trust that He is working in my life.  He is healing me.  He is directing me to people and information to bring my healing about.

I had to get out of the way.  I'm asking you to get out of the way, too.  Let God handle your problems.  If He puts people in your life, listen to them.  Let them be a blessing to you.  

Let go of the control.

I know that God is working in my life.  I can sense that through this writing, He is wanting to reach someone.  If God can use this post to get through to somebody reading this, I have done my job.  I pray that I don't get in the way of his message to you, my friends.  

What about you, my readers?  Are you striving too much?  Are you burning out?  Slow down and ask yourself what is important in your life.  You might need to take a break.  You might need to re-evaluate your priorities.

May God bless you all with His peace and wisdom.

This has been an entry for Wisdom Wednesdays.  I pray you were blessed by it.

I am currently drawing inspiration from Change Your Thoughts--Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.

For past entries, turn to Wisdom Wednesdays.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments. Please leave one, and I will respond. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...